- Date Posted November 05, 2018
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Milk Bar, called “one of the most exciting bakeries in the country” by Bon Appetit Magazine, is a dessert empire and lifestyle brand founded by award-winning pastry chef, Christina Tosi. Milk Bar is home to innovative, and cult favorite whimsical treats, like iconic naked layer cakes, cake truffles, and the highly addictive Cereal Milk™, Compost Cookies®, and Crack Pie®, which gained worldwide recognition since Tosi opened Milk Bar’s doors in 2008.
Milk Bar has 15 locations - nine in New York, one in Toronto, three in Washington DC, one in Las Vegas, one in Los Angeles, and Boston coming soon. In addition to the wildly popular storefronts, Milk Bar’s successful omni-channel approach includes an e-commerce platform that ships worldwide, allowing for freshly baked cookies, truffles, custom cakes and more to reach customers across the globe. Additionally, Milk Bar also has a line of proprietary baking mixes sold at Target.
The Milk Bar experience goes beyond retail, with “Bake the Book Classes” which are offered in select locations. The Milk Bar classroom gives people the opportunity to make beloved treats like naked layer cakes and cake truffles, driving a modern-day DIY revolution, and keeping the baking craft alive. Milk Bar has further strengthened its ownership of the lifestyle brand space by executing a series of phenomenally popular brand partnerships with JetBlue, SoulCycle, Glossier, and Madewell.
For more information, please visit our website, www.milkbarstore.comJob Description
The Demand Planner will play a key role in ensuring the most efficient, cost-effective, and high-quality supply chain, distribution and inventory management of Milk Bar products. This individual will assist in the strategic planning and the implementation of systems and processes to ensure smooth day-to-day operations of the company.
- Help guide the strategy and execution of all inventory operations including planning, purchasing, logistics, warehousing and fulfillment.
- Determine the forecast model that is most appropriate for each sku based on product and seasonality and sets forecast variance tolerances by sku.
- Proactively ensure the accurate development of demand data based upon forecast, current inventory targets, replenishment lead-time and master data settings.
- Determine best methods to improve forecast accuracy and adjust forecast models as necessary to improve forecast accuracy.
- Analyze forecast bias to identify and understand variables and root causes impacting forecast, and adjust appropriately.
- Work closely with category management and division coordinators to proactively adjust forecast to accommodate external information.
- Assist in development of proper safety stock strategies.
- Interpret and report forecast implications of phasing-in/out of items.
- Interact as necessary with other functions to provide forecast information relevant to their respective areas
- Work cross functionally to proactively manage aging inventory, slow moving items and discontinued items
- Full understanding of the Milk Bar ethos and ability to serve as a brand ambassador, both internally and externally, making people’s lives a little sweeter.
SKILL & REQUIREMENTS
- At least 5+ years’ experience in operations and/or supply chain roles that are both strategic and executional at a high growth e-commerce, QSR, or CPG company
- Exceptional excel and analytical skills
- Excellent project management, communication and organizational skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Working knowledge of Compeat or similar restaurant accounting software preferred.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple deadlines.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and Gmail suite of products.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline