- Date Posted November 05, 2018
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Milk Bar, called “one of the most exciting bakeries in the country” by Bon Appetit Magazine, is a dessert empire and lifestyle brand founded by award-winning pastry chef, Christina Tosi. Milk Bar is home to innovative, and cult favorite whimsical treats, like iconic naked layer cakes, cake truffles, and the highly addictive Cereal Milk™, Compost Cookies®, and Crack Pie®, which gained worldwide recognition since Tosi opened Milk Bar’s doors in 2008.
Milk Bar has 15 locations - nine in New York, one in Toronto, three in Washington DC, one in Las Vegas, one in Los Angeles, and Boston coming soon. In addition to the wildly popular storefronts, Milk Bar’s successful omni-channel approach includes an e-commerce platform that ships worldwide, allowing for freshly baked cookies, truffles, custom cakes and more to reach customers across the globe. Additionally, Milk Bar also has a line of proprietary baking mixes sold at Target.
The Milk Bar experience goes beyond retail, with “Bake the Book Classes” which are offered in select locations. The Milk Bar classroom gives people the opportunity to make beloved treats like naked layer cakes and cake truffles, driving a modern-day DIY revolution, and keeping the baking craft alive. Milk Bar has further strengthened its ownership of the lifestyle brand space by executing a series of phenomenally popular brand partnerships with JetBlue, SoulCycle, Glossier, and Madewell.
For more information, please visit our website, www.milkbarstore.comJob Description
This role will help build the strategy and execution of our contract manufacturing operations. The Contract Manufacturing Manager will play a key role in ensuring the most efficient, cost-effective, and high-quality supply chain, distribution and product quality of Milk Bar products, and will assist in the strategic planning and the implementation of systems and processes to ensure smooth day-to-day operations of the company.
- Primary contact and relationship manager for a supplier location.
- Manage daily operations at the Company’s external manufacturing sites including: managing the relationship, measuring and tracking KPIs, and holding regular performance reviews with key partners.
- Review facility 3rd Party Audit Reports and understand HACCP, GMP, SQF, BRC and related standards.
- Conduct spend analysis and sourcing plans to continuously add business value and enable achievement of financial goals.
- Develop strong partnerships with key internal customers and drive productive and positive Operations, Product Development, Finance, Legal, and Quality relationships.
- Support and achieve targeted product launch and/or revision dates.
- Lead the relationships with our contract manufacturing partners to develop and execute supply plans that efficiently utilize inventory assets.
- Be a leading team member in the development of fulfilment strategies throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Provide day to day support and issue resolution, proactive monitoring of costs and quality, and strategic guidance to drive growth
- Work closely with Contract Manufacturers to ensure on-time delivery and advocate for process improvements and tool development in support of delivery, inventory planning, and management reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain contract manufacturing strategy and partner relationships, and collaborate with internal cross functional teams to determine manufacturing requirements and drive contract manufacturer capability and capacity to enable on-time and predictable delivery of material to all points of consumption.
- Manage schedule, capacity, supply chain flexibility, quality issues and new product updates. Communicate status and risks to management, manage services and pricing, master service agreements and statements of work.
- Manage partner performance scorecard and drive continuous improvement with regular business reviews.
- Identify and advocate for process improvements in support of new contract manufacturing requirements.
- Understand the Milk Bar ethos and apply it to every outward facing project to help strengthen the Milk Bar Brand.
SKILL & REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in Supply Chain/Manufacturing (including Manufacturing/Factory Operations, S&OP;, Fulfillment Planning and Execution) that are both strategic and executional at a high growth e-commerce, QSR, or CPG company
- Exceptional excel and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Logistics, Business or related field.
- Excellent project management, communication and organizational skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple deadlines.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and Gmail suite of products.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain processes.
- Ability to interact with individuals of all levels, set objectives, drive results, be a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work cross-functionally.
Work Authorization: At this time, milk bar is only considering candidates legally authorized to work in the united states. we participate with e- verify™ and will provide the federal government with your form i-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the u.s. employers can only use e-verify™ once you have accepted a job offer and completed the form i-9.
EEO Statement: Milk Bar is an equal opportunity employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, lawful tobacco use while off-duty, or any other characteristic protected by law.Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, 50k to 100k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline