Event Coordinator Stone Barns Center for Food & Agricu
- Date Posted November 06, 2018
- Location Pocantico Hills, NY
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture is a nonprofit organization on a mission to create a healthy and sustainable food system. We are working to develop a culture of eating based on what farms need to grow to build healthy soil and a resilient ecosystem. In our quest to transform the way America eats and farms, we convene changemakers, educate food citizens, train farmers, and develop agroecological farming practices.
Stone Barns Center has an immediate opening for an experienced Event Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Visitor Experience, the Event Coordinator’s primary role is to provide a consistent and high level of hospitality, while representing the Stone Barns brand to a diverse set of audiences, ranging from students to farmers to the CEOs of global companies. The Event Coordinator will work cross departmentally to plan and execute small and large events and programs for external constituents and for staff. S/he will work closely with the Stone Barns Facilities Director and the Blue Hill Events team, our on-site restaurant and catering partner, to ensure strong communication and a high level of coordination and efficiency between the organizations.
The Event Coordinator will perform a variety of administrative duties and take on other assignments and special projects as needed. A successful candidate will be conscientious, professional, extremely organized, and calm under pressure. S/he will possess a strong work ethic and a deep commitment to the mission of Stone Barns Center. The Event Coordinator should have a background in hospitality and place a high value on customer service and relationship management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute all organizational and logistical details for external events in collaboration with the sponsoring internal department, including managing project budgets, contracts, communication with vendors, speakers and partner organizations, and facilities needs, including:
- Exchange Fellowship events
- Development Cultivation events
- Other conferences and programs as scheduled
- Plan and execute all organizational and logistical details for staff programs and events, in consultation with the CEO and Executive Coordinator, including:
- All Staff meetings
- Staff lunch, coffee and social events
- Team building exercises and farm activities
- Other staff programs and events as scheduled
- Participate in weekly operations meeting with Stone Barns Facilities Director and Blue Hill event staff
- Coordinate event setups, managing communication between Stone Barns and Blue Hill where necessary, and confirming correct setup
- At start of year, establish calendar of staff meetings, social events and farm tours/chores, and all conferences and other planned or anticipated events
- Throughout the year, field all calendar requests, including meeting space requests, and manage potential conflicts
- Plan and organize internal staffing needed to execute events, conferences, meetings and programs
- Other responsibilities as needed
Skills and Experience:
- Passion for the work and mission of Stone Barns Center
- Bachelor’s degree, with experience planning conferences, festivals and similar events
- Event planning experience for a non-profit organization with emphasis on fundraising, development, and member services a plus
- Strong office skills using Microsoft Office suite and Outlook (Mac preferred) and basic a/v knowledge
- Budgeting and negotiating skills
- High energy, self-starter able to work independently and on a team
- Ability to multi-task and balance working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Committed to meeting deadlines, able to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work long hours on your feet during events
This is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position, on-site Monday through Friday, with weekend and evening hours as needed.
Stone Barns Center offers a salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, a 401k plan and paid time off.
Stone Barns Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, varies DOE, $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline