Grocery Assistant Manager New Morning Market
- Date Posted November 07, 2018
- Location Woodbury, CT
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Are you drawn to the road less followed? Do you want to surround yourself with good food, good people and a good life? Do you appreciate quality products harvested and produced in a sustainable manner? At New Morning Market, we value them as well.
We are home to the largest organic 100% Non-GMO Produce Department, as well as a Humanely Raised Only Meat Department. People travel from miles around to experience New Morning's unique fresh prepared foods counter, the Provender, a gourmet source for eat in or take out natural, organic and special diet foods.
Since 1971, “to do good” has been New Morning’s guiding principle. Come be a part of CT’s Original Independently Owned Natural and Organic Marketplace, voted Best Health Food Store in CT 5 years running by Connecticut Magazine.
Assistant Grocery Manager Qualifications
Previous management experience in the retail, grocery, hospitality, or restaurant industry preferred. Excellent communication and leadership skills. A working knowledge of Grocery department operations is also preferred. Strong merchandising and multi-tasking skills. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated with a sense of urgency, detail-oriented and organized, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with all levels of employees. The ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department is required.
- Leading by example, direct the grocery staff to provide outstanding customer service.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of staff morale and participation.
- Work with staff to ensure the highest quality products and services are consistently available.
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution focusing on maximizing sales and gross profit margin.
- Develop, counsel, mentor and motivate all grocery department employees in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover.
- Satisfactorily resolve customer complaints and develop employees to do the same.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and educate employees on products.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality for products sold and verifies that best practices for culling, storage and display are being followed.
- Ensure that department areas (aisles, shelves, bins, and storage areas) are in clean, orderly condition, meeting health department standards.
- Ensure the accurate labeling of products with shelf tags, price stickers and/or signs.
- Develop promotional and merchandising plans for shelf sets and special displays with the store merchandiser and procurement manager.
Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, varies DOE, $48,000.00 - $52,000.00 How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline Attachment click here to download the attached document.