Grocery Assistant Manager New Morning Market
- Date Posted November 07, 2018
- Location Woodbury, CT
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Are you drawn to the road less followed? Do you want to surround yourself with good food, good people and a good life? Do you appreciate quality products harvested and produced in a sustainable manner? At New Morning Market, we value them as well.
We are home to the largest organic 100% Non-GMO Produce Department, as well as a Humanely Raised Only Meat Department. People travel from miles around to experience New Morning's unique fresh prepared foods counter, the Provender, a gourmet source for eat in or take out natural, organic and special diet foods.
Since 1971, “to do good” has been New Morning’s guiding principle. Come be a part of CT’s Original Independently Owned Natural and Organic Marketplace, voted Best Health Food Store in CT 5 years running by Connecticut Magazine.
Assistant Grocery Manager Qualifications
Previous management experience in the retail, grocery, hospitality, or restaurant industry preferred. Excellent communication and leadership skills. A working knowledge of Grocery department operations is also preferred. Strong merchandising and multi-tasking skills. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated with a sense of urgency, detail-oriented and organized, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with all levels of employees. The ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department is required.
- Leading by example, direct the grocery staff to provide outstanding customer service.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of staff morale and participation.
- Work with staff to ensure the highest quality products and services are consistently available.
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution focusing on maximizing sales and gross profit margin.
- Develop, counsel, mentor and motivate all grocery department employees in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover.
- Satisfactorily resolve customer complaints and develop employees to do the same.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and educate employees on products.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality for products sold and verifies that best practices for culling, storage and display are being followed.
- Ensure that department areas (aisles, shelves, bins, and storage areas) are in clean, orderly condition, meeting health department standards.
- Ensure the accurate labeling of products with shelf tags, price stickers and/or signs.
- Develop promotional and merchandising plans for shelf sets and special displays with the store merchandiser and procurement manager.
Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, varies DOE, $48,000.00 - $52,000.00 How to apply