Cheese Team Member Mission Cheese
- Date Posted November 07, 2018
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
A key component of the business is the education of our customers about the cheeses they are eating, as well as the farmers and cheesemakers that make Mission Cheese possible. We are passionate about good food and exceptional service. The work atmosphere is fast-paced, positive, and fun! The ability to hustle is required, as is the desire to be a part of an established team. We value employees that are excited about helping to develop and grow our young business, and want to learn about the American artisanal food and beverage industries. Job Description Position Summary
Mission Cheese is hiring for a full-time position as a member of our cheese team (4-5 shifts per week). This isn’t your ordinary cheesemonger job — this position also includes wine and beer service, food prep, register service, and more. Candidates must be available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
What makes Mission Cheese special?
• Entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic work environment
• Passionate about finding, developing, and serving responsibly-produced handmade goods
• Regular visits to farms, creameries, wineries, breweries
• Competitive compensation
• Opportunities for professional development within a young, growing company
• Opportunities for profit sharing
At Mission Cheese, there are multiple workstations, and each employee has a chance to perform in each of them. We are not hiring for a particular position, but rather a member of our cheese team.
• Artistically plates, runs, and describes cheese flights
• Assists customers in selecting retail cheese
• Provides food and beverage service in a professional manner
• Curates an experience for customers at the register, providing suggestions and guidance through the menu
• Learns and retains knowledge of cheese, wine, beer, and food products
• Efficiently prepares a variety of foods prior to opening
• Cleans and resets for the next day in the closing shift
• Keeps the kitchen tidy and sanitary, washing dishes and sanitizing in real time
• Is passionate about good food, especially cheese
• Is able and excited to curate a culinary experience
• Has experience working in a fast-paced environment where hustle is required
• Is enthusiastic about workspace cleanliness
• Can handle numerous food tickets in an efficient manner
• Has experience in the artisanal cheese industry (desirable but not req.)
• Has hospitality/kitchen/service experience (desirable but not req.)
• Is able to lift up to 40 lbs
• Is fluent in English
• Listens and communicates well with staff, managers, and guests
• Accepts constructive criticism and makes adjustments accordingly
• Is able to perform under pressure
• Maintains a positive attitude and productive energy-level
• Displays professionalism when assisting guests and communicating with co-workers
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and a commitment to providing excellent product and service to our guests.
We look forward to your application!
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline