Vegetable Manager Pitney Meadows Community Farm
- Date Posted November 08, 2018
- Location Saratoga Springs, NY
- Category Agriculture
- Job Type Full-Time
Organic Full Time Vegetable Grower/Manager.
Pitney Meadows Community Farm, a non-profit, 166-acre farm in the city limits of Saratoga Springs, NY is seeking a full-time vegetable grower/manager for the 2019 season. Primary responsibility will be to start three to five acres of vegetable production for sale to institutions in the Saratoga region and for sale at the farm. This is a hands-on job with management responsibility. Check out more about the farm and our mission www.pitneymeadows.org
The successful applicant will:
- Have at least three years experience in full-time organic vegetable farming with at least one year as a manager
- Be able to develop working budgets for a five acre operation
- Able to develop crop plans and rotations
- Be skilled in managing apprentices and volunteers
- Be open to direction and new ideas.
- Have good communication skills to teach students and apprentices
- Be experienced in operating needed farm equipment
- Understand fertility management and crop rotations
- Be self-directed while working well with a team
- Have some marketing experience
- Livestock experience a plus but not required
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be consistent with experience.Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline