Market Salesperson $350+10% of Sales Brooklyn Butcher Blocks
- Date Posted November 27, 2018
- Location Washington, DC
- Category Business
- Job Type Other
compensation: $350 plus 10% of sales
Date: 12/15 & 12/16 (Sat.&Sun;) 11am-6pm
I am looking for someone to represent my wooden kitchenware company at American Field, an event featuring handmade goods at Union Market in Washington DC. You will be meeting people who are looking for fine, well made goods, and people who are looking for Christmas gifts. You would be paid $350 as a base *plus* 10% of sales made.
You'll be receiving the items via Freight at your home, bringing them to the event, introducing and talking with customers at our booth for the weekend, packing up our booth, and then packaging the items for their return from your home. We would deliver directly to the event's location, but there are two key issues you are helping us with (1) oddly, these event spaces rarely allow accepting shipments (2) oddly, freight shippers ignore pickups, requiring the packages to sit at the event space, where they aren't allowed to sit.
Please apply if you have the following
- A background in customer service, acting or sales is helpful but not necessary. We'll be giving you an FAQ that we get from our customers so that you can familiarize yourself with our line of business.
- A vehicle for transport (we'll pay for parking)
- Ability to pick up and drop off our product from our shop in Sunset Park. Please note: our average product weight is 10 pounds and that adds up quick. This will involve a lot of lifting.
- Reviewing any materials that the event planners send to us about load-in times, set-up, etc
- Device can act as mobile hotspot
- Ability to take photos of our booth and the event, and forward to us so we can post on Social Media.
We will provide:
- booth set up materials
- literature and visuals about how we want the booth to be presented
WASHINGTON DC, UNION MARKET
It takes place Saturday (12/15) and Sunday (12/16). Friday day and evening is for set up, as well as early Saturday morning. It likely won't take you that long to set up, and we'll be sending you a video regarding proper set up. Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, $15/hr or more How to apply