Assistant to the President Community Grains
- Date Posted November 29, 2018
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Community Grains is a small but fast-growing company based in Oakland, CA, offering a variety of whole grain products. All of our flours and products are 100% whole grain and our Identity Preserved line is sourced directly from amazing local farmers in Northern California. At the core of Community Grains is a deep commitment to good food, information, curiosity, and original thinking. We’re on a mission to move the needle on whole grain consumption nationally, and together with local farmers, scientists, journalists, millers, bakers, and eaters, we’re working to create a local grain economy that benefits everyone. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of – keep reading!
We are looking for an Assistant to the President to work both directly with the President and also support the marketing/sales and operations managers as needed. The job will reach into every aspect of the company and has the potential to quickly become a key player and take on more responsibility. You will be learning something new every day and working to change food systems. The ideal candidate will be organized, flexible, and comfortable wearing many hats.
What You’ll Do:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the President with project management, organization, contacts & calendar management, documentation, and workflow management.
- Assist the President with Oliveto communications (our sister restaurant, also managed by the CG President) – sending out regular newsletters via mailchimp, Facebook, and WordPress posts.
- Manage some human resources activities as needed – posting jobs, scheduling interviews, onboarding support.
- Office management – ordering of office supplies
- Operations support – assisting with order processing in absence of ops manager & more depending on interest.
- Sales support – answering general phone calls & emails, attending tradeshows, assistance with some administrative work & more depending on interest.
The right candidate will be:
- Passionate about sustainable and regional food systems
- Find an important support role to be satisfying and challenging
- Great writing and editing skills
- Highly organized and meticulous about details
- Willing to be hands on and also willing to be flexible
- Calm in challenging situations, can-do attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft office and Mac OS
Plusses would be:
- Basic design skills
- Great customer services skills
- Have own car & clean driving record
- Baking or food background
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline