Sales Associate for Farm Cooperative Penn's Corner Farm Alliance
- Date Posted November 30, 2018
- Location Pittsburgh, PA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job Type Full-Time
- DATE POSTED November 28, 2018
- LOCATION Pittsburgh, PA
Penn's Corner Farm Alliance (PCFA) is a farmer-owned cooperative in Western Pennsylvania. Our mission is to provide high quality, farm-fresh products directly to customers while providing a sustainable rate of return to the farmer. We do this by providing sales, marketing, aggregation, and distribution services for member farms and producers. Penn’s Corner exists so that our farmers can do what they do best, farm, while we work to get their quality products into the hands of consumers who want and appreciate locally grown and sustainably produced food.
COMMISSION BASED FOOD SALES ASSOCIATE
Want to rub elbows with some of Pittsburgh’s finest restaurants and work collaboratively with western PA farmers, artisan cheese producers, and meat producers? Enjoy talking about food all day and have the personality to cold call and stop by restaurants to build sales? Established farmer owned cooperative is looking for a highly motivated commission based sales associate to promote and help grow existing wholesale customer base and develop sales initiatives. This individual will be responsible for identifying new accounts and successfully obtaining orders from these accounts. This position will require but is not limited to: new client outreach and research, creating product availability lists through our online marketplace, liaison with farmers on product availability and pricing, and existing client outreach to increase sales. The sales associate will also be responsible for developing relevant social media content, and assisting with marketing and promotion activities at events.
- Implement a sales plan and work to increase sales to institutions, grocery stores, restaurants and other wholesale customers
- Develop strong relationships with retail, foodservice and wholesale businesses
- Drive to accounts to have face to face interactions with key customers, and make an impact on sales with each account
- Build relationships with farmer members and vendors and understand their products and volumes
- Perform daily sales activities, staying in touch with customers, calling for orders, and anticipating their needs
- Prepare and publish availability lists through our online marketplace multiple times per week
- Prepare and send marketing emails multiple times per week
- Communicate effectively with customers; ensure customer satisfaction, offer order suggestions and alternatives as appropriate
- Facilitate production planning between farmer members and buyers
- Manage sales, invoicing, and weekly reporting of all wholesale activities
- Assist with promotion of PCFA at appropriate events
- Maintain a high level of integrity as a representative of PCFA
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have proven sales skills
- 3+ years sales experience with restaurants, grocery chains, institutions and large-scale wholesale customers preferred
- Knowledge of and passion for food and farming
- Familiarity with PA grown fruits and vegetables and seasonality, as well as knowledge of cheese and meat cuts a plus
- Knowledge of Pittsburgh area restaurant industry
- Proven negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Degree in business/marketing or equivalent
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal reasoning skills
- Excellent computer skills and ability to pick up on new systems and software
- Self-directed with good organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Prior experience managing social media accounts and websites are a plus
- Existing client contacts and relationships a plus but not required
- Must have access to reliable transportation
HOW TO APPLY Please email your resume, cover letter, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Sales Associate in the subject line.
COMPENSATION Base salary + commission.
DEADLINE TO APPLY January 11, 2018Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineJanuary 11, 2019