Human Resources Coordinator Levain Bakery +3 more
- Date Posted December 03, 2018
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
The bakery was founded in 1994 by friends Connie McDonald and Pam Weekes. At the time, Connie was in banking and Pam in fashion. The two, both competitive swimmers, trained together for the Ironman and—not surprisingly, as their tireless workouts left them feeling starved for great food— they began a passionate dialogue about creating the world’s greatest chocolate chip cookie. Within just a few years, Levain Bakery had become a neighborhood institution and a destination for epicurious travelers from around the world. Demand continued to grow. In 2000, to satisfy their regular clientele summering in the Hamptons, the two opened a second bakery in the village of Wainscott on Long Island’s East End. Since 2011, those in the know head to Levain Bakery in Harlem to beat the lines on the Upper West Side. As always, through their website, they also ship their world-famous cookies to happy fans around the globe. Job Description
Levain Bakery is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator to join our team as we plan to grow our business in NYC and beyond. This person will work alongside Director of Human Resources and conduct a wide variety of HR functions, with a large emphasis on recruiting and hiring. This is a unique opportunity for someone who has a passion for the food industry, wants to develop a career in human resources, while helping to shape the culture of one of the city’s most iconic brands and food destinations.
- Create and manage job postings for a variety of hourly and salaried roles
- Screen resumes and conduct phone interviews
- Coordinate and participate in interviews and offer feedback to inform hiring decisions
- Manage and streamline the onboarding process for all new hires
- Track and analyze data within the recruiting and hiring process to identify trends and shape new strategy
- Research and recommend new sources for candidate recruiting and attend hiring and recruiting events across the city
- Field questions from employees and resolve day-to-day issues in coordination with HR Director regarding payroll, benefits, etc.
- Assist with benefits administration, workers compensation, disability and unemployment claims as needed
- Help resolve issues and improve processes involving employee relations and performance management in conjunction with Director of HR
- Drive key initiatives regarding employee engagement and satisfaction and work to build and maintain the culture of Levain through company-wide events, employee recognition, and consistent feedback
- Keep up-to-date with trends in the HR and organizational development field
- Develop strong relationships with bakery management and ensure HR strategies, processes and practices are implemented at the store level
- Help set policies to ensure legal compliance, keeping up-to-date with all appropriate changes in legislation
- 1-2 years of experience in a recruiting, HR or restaurant/food industry position
- We are growing fast, so flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic environment are essential
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to communicate with and relate to a diverse group of people
- Patience is a plus!
- The desire to help people and effect positive change within the business
- Must be a team player, able to collaborate with a team-first mentality at all times.
- Exceptionally organized and a meticulous planner
- Hands-on mentality and ability to multi-task
- A strong desire to grow in the HR field
- Passion for food and a sweet tooth!