Reservations Supervisor Columbus Hospitality Group +3 more
- Date Posted December 05, 2018
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
The Columbus Hospitality Group, which includes Mistral, Sorellina, Ostra, Teatro, Mooo, Bar Lyon & L'Andana, is seeking a full-time Reservations Supervisor to assist with the daily operations of our corporate reservations office.
The ideal supervisor candidate must have strong communication and customer service skills. The primary function of this position is to assist guests by phone to make reservations and take detailed notes of special requests, dietary preferences, and other items as directed by the guest or reservations manager. Additional duties would involve managing the day-to-day tasks required in the office and assigning projects to reservationists as needed.
At least three years of previous restaurant experience and working knowledge of Open Table are desired, along with general computer proficiency and typing skills. This position is extremely detail-oriented and requires someone who is able to multi-task. Compensation would be based on experience.
As a representative of the Columbus Hospitality Group, you will be the first point of contact for many of our guests. We are looking for someone who is able to communicate effectively with genuine hospitality and warmth.
We are currently seeking Reservations Supervisor candidates with flexible availability to work 5 shifts per week (typical shift would be 6-8 hours). All candidates must be available to work at least two Saturday shifts per month, and have the ability to cover the Sunday morning shift if needed once a month. The normal office hours are 9:45am to 9:00pm Monday - Thursday, 9:45am to 9:30pm on Friday, 10:45am to 10:00pm on Saturday, and 10:00am to 2:00pm on Sunday.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering incoming calls for all of our Boston restaurants, including calls to our Owner, Director of Operations, and Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Making new reservations for guests and updating existing reservations - taking detailed notes regarding any specific requests for the reservation.
- Checking daily voicemail and responding to guest inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Checking shared reservations office email throughout shift, responding as necessary to any reservation requests.
- Completing various office projects as assigned by the Reservations Manager.
this position is PAID: hourly, $15/hr or more
How to apply
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain behind the scenes experience in the hospitality industry. We offer competitive wages, benefits, and a professional work environment.