Culinary Instructor The Kids' Table
- Date Posted January 03, 2019
- Location Chicago, IL
- Category Culinary / Education
- Job Type Full-Time
Do you love food, kids, and the idea of changing the world one meal at a time? The Kids’ Table offers fun and delicious employment opportunities in Chicago.
The Kids’ Table is a unique Chicago cooking school for kids and families. Why do we do what we do? We do it because cooking is fun – and a valuable life skill that is getting harder to come by. We do it because “real food” is really good – it tastes good and we need it for strong, healthy bodies and brains. We do it because the best way to get kids loving real food is to get them in the kitchen measuring, mixing, chopping, touching, smelling and tasting. We do it because we believe real change happens one bite at a time.Job Description
- Kitchen experience (either professional or extensive home cooking experience)
- High comfort level interacting with kids of all ages (experience working with kids is helpful but not required)
- Must be available to work weekdays and weekends. For full time: We do give two days a week off but due to the nature of our business, those days may vary.
- Access to a car on a daily basis (preferred, but not required)
- ServSafe Food Handler Certified in Chicago (can be obtained upon hire)
- Instructing classes, parties, and school programs (onsite and offsite)
- Food preparation for classes, parties and programs
- Cooking and other back-of-the-house support for other instructors
- Dishwashing and cleaning (as needed)
- Maintaining a clean and sanitized work surface and station
- Communicating with customers (adults and children)
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline Attachment click here to download the attached document.