Summer Camp Director Wakeman Town Farm +1 more
- Date Posted December 31, 2018
- Location Westport, CT
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job Type Summer Job
The Wakeman Town Farm Sustainability Center is an organic demonstration homestead dedicated to serving the Westport Community. The Farm is a model facility created to educate the community with local healthy food production, responsible land stewardship, sustainable practices and community service orientation.Job Description
Job Title: Summer Camp Director
Location: Wakeman Town Farm, Westport, CT
The Wakeman Town Farm Sustainability Center is an organic demonstration homestead dedicated to serving the Westport Community. The Farm is a model facility created to educate the community with local healthy food production, responsible land stewardship, sustainable practices and community service orientation.
Wakeman Town Farm hosts a variety of summer camp programs for children ages three through twelve. The summer camp director will supervise camp staff, communicate with program parents, and ensure a safe and enriching environment for program participants, our kids! We offer two separate camp programs during the summer, one for ages 3-5 and another for ages 6-11
- Meet and plan alongside the farm director to create content and activities for camp, meeting every few days to discuss new challenges or opportunities for the farm program.
- Train and manage 7-10 summer camp counselor staff during both an orientation period as well as the extent of camp programming (June 24th-August 16th)
- Collect and organize necessary camp participation and emergency forms from camp families.
- Communicate with camp parents in person, over the phone, or via email, answering any questions or concerns they may have about the program
- Supervise summer camp participants and staff, ensuring a safe and fun environment at the farm
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in child development, agriculture education, outdoor recreation, or similar
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with young children in an outdoor setting
- Experience supervising and directing staff for effective and fun programming
- At least 2-3 years of experience with outdoor education and curriculum development
- First Aid and CPR certified
Please submit both a resume and cover letter to Corey Thomas at: firstname.lastname@example.orgCompensation this position is PAID: hourly, $15/hr or more How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMarch 31, 2019