Summer Camp Director Wakeman Town Farm
- Date Posted December 31, 2018
- Location Westport, CT
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job Type Summer Job
The Wakeman Town Farm Sustainability Center is an organic demonstration homestead dedicated to serving the Westport Community. The Farm is a model facility created to educate the community with local healthy food production, responsible land stewardship, sustainable practices and community service orientation.Job Description
Job Title: Summer Camp Director
Location: Wakeman Town Farm, Westport, CT
The Wakeman Town Farm Sustainability Center is an organic demonstration homestead dedicated to serving the Westport Community. The Farm is a model facility created to educate the community with local healthy food production, responsible land stewardship, sustainable practices and community service orientation.
Wakeman Town Farm hosts a variety of summer camp programs for children ages three through twelve. The summer camp director will supervise camp staff, communicate with program parents, and ensure a safe and enriching environment for program participants, our kids! We offer two separate camp programs during the summer, one for ages 3-5 and another for ages 6-11
- Meet and plan alongside the farm director to create content and activities for camp, meeting every few days to discuss new challenges or opportunities for the farm program.
- Train and manage 7-10 summer camp counselor staff during both an orientation period as well as the extent of camp programming (June 24th-August 16th)
- Collect and organize necessary camp participation and emergency forms from camp families.
- Communicate with camp parents in person, over the phone, or via email, answering any questions or concerns they may have about the program
- Supervise summer camp participants and staff, ensuring a safe and fun environment at the farm
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in child development, agriculture education, outdoor recreation, or similar
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with young children in an outdoor setting
- Experience supervising and directing staff for effective and fun programming
- At least 2-3 years of experience with outdoor education and curriculum development
- First Aid and CPR certified
Please submit both a resume and cover letter to Corey Thomas at: firstname.lastname@example.orgCompensation this position is PAID: hourly, $15/hr or more How to apply