Office Administrator The Museum of Food and Drink (MOFAD)
- Date Posted January 03, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Education / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
The Museum of Food and Drink (MOFAD) is New York City’s first museum with exhibits you can eat. As an educational nonprofit, our mission is to inspire curiosity about food, what it means, and how it connects with the world around us.
Our first mobile exhibition, BOOM! The Puffing Gun and the Rise of Cereal featured live demonstrations of a giant 1930s-era cereal puffing gun. In 2015, we opened MOFAD Lab, a 5,000-square-foot experimental exhibition and events space in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. At MOFAD Lab, we have debuted three exhibitions: Flavor: Making It and Faking It, Chow: Making the Chinese American Restaurant, and Feasts and Festivals. MOFAD Lab has been hailed as “New York’s Coolest New Museum” by Food & Wine and named one of the “Absolute Best Kids’ Museums in NYC” by New York Magazine.
We are proud to have reached hundreds of thousands of people with our experiential exhibitions, programming, digital content, and educational outreach. Learn more at mofad.org.
MOFAD is seeking an individual to assist with administrative support, data entry, bookkeeping, and scheduling. As one crucial role in a small staff, you'll be part of the founding of New York City's next great cultural institution.
- Be the face and voice for those inquiring about MOFAD by phone, email, or walk in visits during the week.
- Receive packages, sort incoming mail, and send outgoing mail
- Enter and classify expenses, income, bills, and invoices into MOFAD’s bookkeeping software
- Manage and restock office and museum supplies
- Help manage MOFAD’s facilities vendors, including cleaning services, waste hauling, and laundry
- Work with the Floor Manager to run the MOFAD gift shop, including purchasing, pricing, organization, storage, and long-term goals
- Organize staff social events and prioritize community-building
- Assist Senior Leadership Team with scheduling meetings
- Assist with petty cash and timecards
- Support Managing Director with membership recruitment, donor outreach, fulfillment
- Assist Museum department heads on an ad hoc basis
- Do whatever it takes!
- Be totally sold on the MOFAD mission and love what we do!
- Have strong interpersonal, collaborative, written communication, and customer service skills
- Have experience using a CRM database and accounting software
- Be an excellent project manager who can prioritize and manage time effectively while simultaneously handling multiple tasks
- Have an aptitude for conflict resolution, negotiation, and creating positive outcomes
- Have proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Be excited to learn any systems or programs you aren’t already familiar with
- Experience in Salesforce and/or Patron Manager
- Experience with bookkeeping software (such as Quickbooks or Xero)
- Fluency in food culture, history, science, production, commerce, and/or policy
- Passion for waste reduction and commitment to MOFAD’s goal of reducing, reusing, recycling, and composting
This position is a full-time salaried position with benefits including subsidized health insurance, monthly MetroCard, and paid vacation.Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply