Head of Sales Ritual Chocolate
- Date Posted January 04, 2019
- Location Park City, UT
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
We wanted to start a business where we could demonstrate our values, not take any shortcuts and be 100% authentic. We felt that working with cacao and making chocolate had the most potential for making a positive impact for everyone involved in the supply chain from farmers to final customers. With this in mind, we set out to make chocolate the honest way, which also turned out to be the hard way, but the most rewarding and the best tasting.
We take that extra step with our process to ensure the best possible quality in flavor and texture of our chocolate. We use an old Swiss conche like that of the great Mountain chocolate makers before us to achieve the very best chocolate.
We want to share that chocolate can be a fine food with a full flavor profile that can be savored like a fine wine, while inviting customers to connect with their adventurous spirit and love of the outdoors.
We are in our 8th year here at Ritual and are looking forward to a lot of growth this year. There is great potential for growth in our new Head of Sales position.
We are looking for someone to be our key Ritual Chocolate representative for the public as well as local businesses. This person would have a variety of responsibilities ranging from hosting small, public events at our cafe, to representing Ritual at local events, as well as meeting with small shops and grocery stores to improve relationships. For the right candidate, this could be a fun and exciting career opportunity where you get to help a small, grassroots business grow as well as engage with the community.
- Meeting with local accounts and establishing a meaningful repertoire.
- Planning and hosting events at our cafe.
- Reaching out to new stores and restaurants and pitching our product.
- Collaborating with local companies to host fun events and create long term relationships.
- Creating a system for generating the most value per wholesale account.
- Providing feedback from wholesale customers about their needs.
- Planning logistics for events in and out of the state (farmers markets → trade shows)
- Occasionally demo-ing at local retail locations.
- Eventually developing ways to apply local relationship techniques on a national level.
- Local knowledge and understanding
- Basic design skills (familiarity with Photoshop and/or Illustrator)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Background in the food industry is a plus
- Outgoing and personable
- Self sufficient, with the ability to plan and carry out community outreach and event tasks
- A willingness and drive to multi-task, do different things and have a changing schedule depending on the day and season
This position has an annual base salary of $28k + Commission, which can get you up to $40k-$60k within a year depending on whether or not you thrive in this position.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline