Chef Instructor Little Fox Kitchen
- Date Posted January 04, 2019
- Location Cranford, NJ
- Category Culinary / Education
- Job Type Freelance
Who we are:
Little Fox Kitchen is a recreational cooking school and culinary event space in Cranford, NJ. We offer hands-on cooking classes and host private and corporate events through cooking parties.
We are a new company with 15 years of professional experience in the culinary field – specializing in cooking schools.
We have great plans for the company and are excited to offer our cooking classes and culinary programs where we will feature chefs, cookbook authors, children’s cooking camps and culinary tours.Job Description
Who we are looking for and what the job entails:
The Chef Instructor sets the tone and leads the way in delivering the classes or events created for our guests. We seek and value these skills…….
- You have a culinary degree, or equivalent in culinary professional experience. Must be knowledgeable in culinary terms, concepts, both culinary and/or pastry, as well as having insight into diverse world cuisines and current food trends.
- You have a generosity in teaching. Extremely important.
- Beyond the skills as a chef, you should have the facility to impart that knowledge to your guests in a helpful and effective way.
- You have the talent to captivate and engage your guests. There is a fine balance in teaching culinary instruction and making the class interesting and enjoyable – to teach a class effectively with everyone having a great time is key!
- You will be teaching up to 16 guests at times with different varying degrees of skill and attitudes - you should be able to address each guest accordingly and appropriately.
- You have clarity of mind to wade through multiple steps with calmness and confidence.
- You will be leading a team in a cooking class. Though we run in a recreational cooking class setting, we follow the concept of chef instructor is “chef.” You should possess the leadership skills to supervise and coordinate with your culinary assistant and all the members of the staff to ensure we deliver a stellar class.
- You have flexibility in your schedule. You may teach as little as 1, or up to 4 classes a week, dependent on the class schedules and event bookings. Evening and weekend availability is a must.
- Classes run 3 -3.5 hours maximum. Most classes (morning) are 10 a.m. -1:00 p.m. and (evening ) 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. You will be required to come at least an hour and a half before, to prep and mise en place. We also host special event cooking parties, times in these events may vary.
- Physical stamina to be able to stand up to 6 hours straight, lift up to 30 pounds
Where you can find us:
We are located in Cranford NJ and a 5-minute walk from the Cranford train station. Accessible from New York Penn Station through the NJ Transit Train on the Raritan Valley or Northeast Corridor line.
Or by NJ Transit Bus 113 from Port Authority on 42nd St.
We foster a family culture here at Little Fox Kitchen…..we have great plans to expand and are looking for people to grow with us!
We offer competitive pay at par with top culinary schools. There is also opportunity to travel to Europe to lead our culinary tours.