Catering Chef, New England Aquarium Patina Restaurant Group
- Date Posted January 05, 2019
- Location Boston, MA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia - our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. And at Delaware North - whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants - there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you! We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group’s exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality – the sky is the limit.Job Description
Our Exciting Work Environment
The New England Aquarium located in Boston, Massachusetts is a global leader in ocean exploration and marine conservation. With more than 1.3 million visitors a year, the Aquarium is one of the premier visitor attractions in Boston and a major public education resource for the region. The New England Aquarium serves as a responsive community resource that attracts and involves the broadest possible audience; seeks a culturally diverse staff and governing board that reflect our community; adheres to the highest standards of animal stewardship; and is committed to delivering the highest quality visitor experience in a welcoming and enjoyable manner that inspires awe, curiosity, understanding, caring, and action.
An immediate opportunity exists for an innovative culinary professional with the ability to that create an experience of inspiring and cutting edge culinary of utmost quality and consumer appeal. Patina Restaurant Group is looking for a Catering Chef that can effectively oversee all aspects of kitchen operations including cooking, production, inventory, quality control and sanitation. An ideal candidate is a creative leader who can hire, train, and mobilize kitchen and service teams with precision to provide impeccable service to our guests. The individual must represent culinary expertise with refined cooking technique, style, and taste in order to pioneer menu development and excellence of their restaurant for our valued guests. The Catering Chef will have financial responsibilities such as expense planning and maintenance of their units as well as conduct supervisory duties for kitchen and sometimes service employees.
Catering Chefs are the head of the back of house staff and will manage extensive supervisory duties. With these responsibilities, Patina Restaurant Groups offers great opportunities to grow as a professional culinary expert and enjoy a friendly and exciting work environment.
- Coordinate hiring and training activities for kitchen, bakery, butcher shop and other production and back of house employees while continuously monitoring their performance.
- Develop and maintain recipes, portion specifications, and standard preparation procedures for all dishes and ensure that all chefs are following these standards.
- Determination of purchasing specifications and budgetary allotments for all menu items.
- Lead and cook by example and provide guidance to any subordinates.
- Ensure kitchen operations can run smoothly and efficiently in your absence.
- Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, and employee appearance.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations for success.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all company policies/service procedures/standards.
- Have a working knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost management, inventory control and hiring/counseling/termination policies.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Catering Chef in off premise catering with the ability to handle multiple venue based events. Experience in high volume production and prepratration, ala-carte is a must.
- Must have solid managerial experience with operations, logistics, guest service and all other aspects of the restaurant
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certifications required.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s and budgeting.
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting new dishes, appropriate for the venue’s concept.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Proven ability to direct staff clear and concisely while positively influencing employee behavior and performance.
- Maintains openness and willingness to learn new techniques and improve abilities.
Think quickly, multitask, and adapt to changing situations while maintaining the highest quality of product and other established standards.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. cooking machinery).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, 50k to 100k How to apply