Controller Maya Kaimal Fine Indian Foods
- Date Posted January 09, 2019
- Location Rhinebeck, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
Maya Kaimal is an Award winning Indian food company.
Inspired by family recipes, Maya Kaimal transforms the vibrant flavors of India into modern culinary experiences.
Offerings included seven shelf stable simmer sauces, three refrigerated sauces, and five Everyday Dal pouches.
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to become a vital part of a fast-growing specialty packaged food company, headquartered in Rhinebeck, NY. The controller position manages the accounting operations of the company, to financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, cash management, and budgets, in order to mitigate risk, confirm accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure all reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. As a member of the company’s management team, they will manage accounting department and interface with operations, sales and marketing managers as well as the company’s Board of Directors. Through careful execution of these functions, they will be essential to the continued growth of the company.
- Manages and supervises USA Accounting department personnel; Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects to ensure alignment with corporate goals and business strategies. Trains and mentors department employees.
- Manages internal and external audit processes and controls to ensure compliance with State and Federal guidelines and Company corporate policies.
- Develops implements and maintains accounting and administrative policies and procedures, financial accounting and reporting. Reviews and analyzes monthly financial results to ensure accurate and compliant reporting.
- Responsible for weekly review and approval of Company accounts payables; ensures process and payments are in compliance with corporate policy.
- Coordinates department financial reporting and analysis; conducts financial analysis and prepares detailed financial reports and statements, key metrics reports, and ad hoc financial analysis as required.
- Responsible for producing Budget vs. Actual financial reporting by cost center and company; performs detailed analysis of variances, reviews sales, income and expenditures of the company.
- Accountable for monthly general ledger account review and reconciliation; ensures compliance, accuracy.
- Reviews, evaluates and authorizes all new customers and approve credit limit based on Company policy and based upon results of analysis and testing.
- Manages banking relationships with multiple banks including online banking and creation of wire transfers.
- Preparation of annual company financial budget / reforecast(s) and analysis by coordinating the creation of detailed components and consolidating into final draft.
Other Responsibilities / Duties
- Oversees audit and tax functions, coordinates activities with outside audit firms and reviews performance.
- Participates in all other miscellaneous Company and departmental tasks as required.
- Attends departmental/cross-functional meetings and Company Board Meetings
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
· Expert in finance operations, modeling, forecasting and budgeting.
· Expert knowledge of financial and ERP systems (NetSuite, Quickbooks).
· Knowledge of [CPG] accounting and business analysis.
· Knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices.
· Strong Business Acumen and Business Mathematics knowledge.
· Self motivated with a desire to make an impact.
· Exemplary writing, listening, communication and presentation skills.
· Outstanding computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
· Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to successfully lead teams and demonstrate leadership abilities.
· Ability to recognize situations that pose an ethical dilemma and identifying situations that fall under compliance.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college in related fields required; BS in Accounting/Finance
CPA a plus
5+ years of directly related experience in accounting, minimum of 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
Deliver high quality products and customer relationships through teamwork, dependability, innovation, integrity and compassion.
Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status.
- Base Salary $100k - $125K based on experience
- Benefits include Health Insurance (included Dental, Vision, Gym), FSA, Transit and Parking, 401(k), PTO (paid time off), Annual Bonus Potential