Director of Operations and Finance Community Farmers Markets
- Date Posted January 09, 2019
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
Community Farmers Markets is seeking a full-time Director of Operations and Finance to help lead CFM into our next phase of organizational growth. The Director of Operations and Finance will work closely with the Executive Director to develop the vision and strategy of the organization. The Director of Operations and Finance is responsible for leading the Operations, Finance, and Human Resources for the organization. S/he is also responsible for working collaboratively with team members across departments to fulfill the mission and vision of the organization. The Director of Operations and Finance serves as one of the main faces of the organization and should be a champion for our cause both internally and externally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Board, and Staff to develop and implement the vision and strategy of the organization.
- Manage Finances for the organization including but not limited to working with the ED to develop the budget and maintain accountability to the budget, prepare monthly financial reports, manage AR and AP, manage grant budgets and program budgets with staff, make vendor payments, supervise market income and expenses, and other bookkeeping and record keeping tasks as needed.
- Manage the Human Resources for the organization. Manage payroll and employee benefits. Work with the ED on recruitment, training, onboarding, and evaluation of all employees. Work with the team to guide Organizational Culture. Be a positive resource for staff members.
- Manage the Operations for the organization including managing strategic implementation plans, work with team members to ensure timeliness and accuracy of reporting and tracking systems, work with staff to set project plans.
- Collaborate with and support Market Managers - work with the team to identify markets’ needs. Develop and implement plans to strengthen and support weekly markets.
- Manage the systems for vendor applications. Work with the team to coordinate vendor application and acceptance process.
- Manage the big-picture schedule (in close conjunction with various team members) including market operating dates, event dates, team meetings, and annual events.
- Work closely with the ED and Development Director on Development tracking systems, specifically implementing a new donor database (such as SalesForce) and automating systems. Support CFM Fundraising Events as needed.
- Manage general office operations including infrastructure and supply needs. Answer CFM “info” emails to help guide customers to the correct person in CFM. Manage the grasshopper telephone system.
- Serve as one of the main faces of the organization at events and in the community. Be a champion for our cause both internally and externally. Act as a thought leader in this movement.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with five or more years of experience in finance, operations, development, or related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Adept in building strong relationships with diverse groups of people. Ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and influence others to achieve team goals and outcomes.
- Demonstrated problem solving, conflict resolution, and systems management skills.
- Experience with managing diverse groups of people including individuals, teams, and volunteers.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute responsibilities and duties in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work under pressure and in unconventional scenarios.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to manage tasks with limited supervision.
- Meeting facilitation and public speaking with large and small groups.
- Experience with G Suite, Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, and database systems.
- A commitment and understanding to the mission of Community Farmers Markets.
Compensation and Schedule:
Full time (approximately 40 hours a week). Salary commensurate with experience. The candidate will work from the CFM office in Atlanta as well as remotely. Should be available during normal business hours 9 am - 5 pm in addition to market hours for emergencies. Occasional night and weekend meetings are required. The candidate must be willing and able to work on a flexible schedule in a fast-paced environment. Reports directly to the Executive Director. Benefits include health, dental, vision, and PTO.
Community Farmers Markets is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For more information about Community Farmers Markets, please visit our website at www.cfmatl.orgCompensation this position is PAID: salaried, 50k to 100k How to apply