Farm assistant Camp Glen Brook +1 more
- Date Posted January 09, 2019
- Location Marlborough, NH
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job Type Full-Time
We are located on a colonial-era farm replete with renovated farmhouse and barn. Job Description
Position: Farm assistant
Full time, seasonal, salaried, at will employment
Position runs May-October farming.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hard working individuals who want to share and enhance their farming skills and be a part of our farming community.
- Assist the farm director in the work of our small, diverse, biodynamic farm. This includes caring for our acre of vegetables, fruit, and flowers, our small herd of mix-aged beef cattle, egg laying and meat chickens, and pigs.
- Educating children, young adults, and families on our farm.
- Work with the farm director to make produce deliveries to the kitchen.
- Keep farm production records.
- Weekend chores on a rotating basis with other farmers.
- Help slaughter poultry on site (flexible on this, as some belief systems don’t allow for participation in this work).
- Attending weekly staff meetings, weekly work together time, and some professional development opportunities.
- Potential once yearly trip to our parent organization, the Waldorf School of Garden City in New York.
- Preserving farm products with the kitchen staff.
- Upkeep of the aesthetics of the farm, especially before big events.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work hard.
- Some experience farming or educating or doing physically demanding work.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Non-required but desired qualities:
- A driver’s license and clean driving record.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline