Controller TaraPaige Group +1 more
- Date Posted January 10, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
We seek a Controller to join our growing company, TaraPaige Group. Our team has an extraordinary role in providing financial oversight of client’s strategy, financials and all accounting for hospitality clients. We provide CFO/ COO solutions for our clients. We are looking for a strong leader who’s presence and expertise drives the team and produce continued positive results for our clients. You should love the hospitality business, have an entrepreneurial spirit, be extremely organized and the ability to motivate and lead a team to its full potential. Client service is our top priority and delivering open communication, transparency, timely and clear expectations are at the cornerstone of what we do.
- Manage and provide mentorship, guidance and leadership to the team
- Drive the teams performance through managing weekly and monthly deliverables to the client.
- Ensure all business transactions are properly recorded in accordance with GAAP
- Manage and provide guidance on the operations of our business and best ways to maximize team involvement and systems.
- Be the relationship manager for clients, basically be there everything as it relates to finance and strategy. This includes communication through email, phone and in person.
- Oversee and manage all weekly and monthly financial close of our clients , including but not limited to monthly and fiscal close, internal and external reporting, report preparation and distribution
- Provide oversight for all technology partners we work with and present ideas on how to improve procedures, as business needs evolve.
- Strategic planning for all clients. This includes but not limited to investor fund raising, sales plans, product analysis and revenue and expense models.
- Evaluate structure of accounting team and present recommendations for improved efficiency.
- Answer accounting and financial inquiries from team by researching and interpreting data
- Research and interpret accounting policy; applying recommendations to operational issues.
- Work with managing partner on larger company strategic initiatives
- Protects firms’ value by keeping client information confidential. Work alongside the team to assist and lead any other projects that may benefit the firm internally or client projects.
- Prepare, develop and mange according to the annual budget
- Prepare and analyze company valuations and business risk
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience in the areas of accounting, treasury, and financial statement preparation and in supervisory positions, minimum of 5 years experience in leadership roles
- Experience in implementing procedures to ensure proper internal controls in the finance area
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks , Compeat and restaurant 365
- Experience and/or familiarity with the food industry
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint and general ease and comfort with technology software’s
- Detail oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and creatively
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Great communication skills and enthusiasm for client service
- MBA / CPA a plus
- We offer a generous benefits package including 401K, Profit Sharing and health insurance
Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, 50k to 100k Work visa This employer is willing to sponsor a work visa for international applicants How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline