Regional Sales Manager - East FDMR, Inc., d/b/a Suji's Korean Cuisine
- Date Posted January 11, 2019
- Location Anywhere
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Are you an experienced salesperson looking to join a team that is passionate about food and the moments of personal connection that are built around food? Do you have the know-how to close the deal? Would you like to apply your skills to a fast-paced consumer product start-up in the trending Korean food space? If so, then read on…. Suji’s Korean Cuisine is looking to add a Regional Sales Manager - East Region, based in the eastern half of the United States, to our growing team.
What We Do
Suji's Korean Cuisine was founded in October 2013 by our innovative founder, Suji Park. In 2016 Suji launched prepared meals and sauces available in leading retailers including Costco, Walmart and Target. Today our team is focused on launching new authentic Korean-style products with mainstream appeal to serve leading national retail customers. From frozen entrees to Korean BBQ, Suji’s Korean Cuisine products are clean-label and driven by a commitment to deliver delicious Korean flavors to the American consumer.
Suji is passionate about continuing to push the envelope and isn't afraid to roll up her sleeves to make her Food Dreams, Made Real! Our team culture is driven by entrepreneurial spirit, accountability to results and a passion for inspiring people to discover new and delicious culinary experiences. If you've always wanted to join a start-up and be an integral part of a committed team driving rapid growth, this is the position you've been looking for!Job Description
What You’ll Do
- The Regional Sales Manager – East Region will be a key partner in Suji’s positioning in the Eastern part of the United States, working closely with the VP of Sales and entire team to help achieve the budgeted sales, profit, and distribution objectives and develop the region’s business
- Grow the business by delivering our unique, high quality Suji’s products to the retail grocery market
- Skillfully drive growth in existing accounts with knowledge and proper execution of the four P’s (Product, Price, Promotion, and Placement)
- Acquire and develop new retail grocery customers and authorizations based on direction from VP of Sales
- Develop customer accounts within the Eastern Region, capitalizing on existing contacts and relationships
- Manage assigned financial budgets, trade spending, and annual target sales volume objective
- Utilize the full extent of company resources to obtain distribution and continued customer satisfaction
- Conduct key customer presentations
- Manage broker and distributor representatives, as needed
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, purchasing, logistics, and finance
- Manage and report competitive activity to include pricing, promotions and new products
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with VP of Sales, colleagues, and internal team members
- Utilize syndicated data, as available, to help manage the business
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in selling food products within the retail grocery trade
- Passion for transforming the world through food with your “everything is possible attitude”
- Connector at heart who optimizes their days by building quality relationships with their customers, brokers, and internal cross-functional teams
- Exceptional presentation skills who adds value to the call, and ultimately, closes the sale
- Operates with a high level of integrity and is committed to the highest level of excellence in their work
- Familiar with category management principles, trade management, sales analytics, and account finances
- Solid customer management and broker management experience
- An entrepreneur spirit with a high level of enthusiasm for the business and its growth; a self-starter who can thrive without extensive supervision
- Proven track record of meeting goals, exceeding sales plans, and landing and developing new retail clients
- Knowledge of Korean and/or Asian food a plus
- Business or Marketing degree and a minimum 5 years CPG sales experience
- Strong attention to detail, operate effortlessly in a highly dynamic environment and leverage maturity and business acumen to make decisions
- Effective communicator – written and verbally – who builds relationships quickly and easily.
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the year
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
What we offer
Your benefits package consists of a range of benefits including healthcare coverage, paid time off, and professional training and bonus based on sales targets.
Compensation: Based on individual, relevant experience.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: This is an Eastern US, home-based position, that will require frequent travel including, but not limited to, trips to the Seattle office several times a year. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, filing cabinets and copy machines.
Physical Demands: Will require periodically standing for long periods of time and occasionally the need to lift heavy items, and at times crouch, crawl, stoop and bend.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more.
This job description is a general description of the job. This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that this position may perform.
Suji's Korean Cuisine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, varies DOE, $75,000.00 - $130,000.00 How to apply