Event Coordinator Kitchen on Fire
- Date Posted January 11, 2019
- Location Berkeley, CA
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Kitchen on Fire is an acclaimed cooking school in Berkeley, with a second location in North Oakland. Our mission is to teach the community how to cook from good ingredients and to have confidence in the kitchen. Our school is essentially a fun test kitchen with chef instructors who inspire and teach students of all cooking levels and backgrounds.
Through fun and educational hands-on cooking classes, culinary demonstrations, and lectures taught by top chefs and food professionals, we demystify home cooking and entertaining.
We are seeking an Event Coordinator with two years’ experience in managing client relationships and sales for our fast-paced, fun cooking school with great chefs and energetic food enthusiasts. We are looking for an individual who is motivated to increase our number of bookings and drive sales. As the primary point of contact for events, you will coordinate with business owners, sales and marketing teams, administrative team members, as well as individuals hosting private parties. You will participate in local marketing activities to increase our visibility and boost event sales.
Compensation: Base hourly pay plus commission on all event sales.
Event Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Manage sales for a variety of new and existing accounts
- Coordinate, execute and manage all private cooking events from start to finish
- Create contracts, curate event packages, staff events, and collect payments
- Establish and foster new relationships that increase brand awareness
- Create and implement marketing programs to drive business development
- Assist office coordinator with general customer service such as phone and email inquiries
Event Coordinator Experience and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to balance and meet the needs of both internal and external teams
- Experience with external sales and closing incoming sales opportunities
- Experience coordinating events
- Background and/or strong interest in food
- Bachelor’s degree in business, hospitality management, marketing or related areas preferred
- Familiarity with Excel and Word, and G-Suite
- Excellent writing skills, calendar and email management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Flexible with a can-do attitude