Farm Employee (FULL and PART time!) Row by Rowe Organic Farm
- Date Posted February 08, 2019
- Location Luthersville, GA
- Category Agriculture
- Job Type Part-Time
The farm currently consists of 1.25 acres in intensive no-till cultivation, with approximately 10,000 square feet of covered space in unheated high tunnels and a heated propagation house. Our no-till/regenerative farming methods consist of compost application, crop rotation, mulch, and a strong approach to soil biology with the goal of creating healthy soil, produce, and people.
We value efficient and lean practices in all aspects of our farm and business. We subscribe to the idea of farming small and farming smart. This is accomplished by attention to detail , organization, planning, investing in tools, technology, and people. We believe these practices result in a healthy work/life balance and culture.
Row by Rowe Organic Farm is owned and operated by Josh and Jess Plymale. Both Josh and Jess have been farming for 5 years, with 2019 marking their 6th season growing in Georgia. However, Row by Rowe Organic farm is still in its infancy and this year marks our second growing season and will be the best one yet! We hope you will join our team and grow with us.
The position will include the following tasks on any given day/week:
- Cleaning/Sanitation of facilities (ie. harvest bins, greenhouse supplies etc)
- Greenhouse work: seed starting and plant propagation
- Fertility/soil management: composting beds, bed turnover, amending
- Integrated Pest Management: scouting and spraying for pests
- Cultivation: weeding in bed and walking pathways
- Sales and Marketing
Applicants must have:
- Good attitude and desire to work/learn
- Ability to follow direction
- Must be able to work comfortably alone or with others
- Must be able to lift 50lbs comfortably and perform physical tasks
- Takes initiative
- Ability to think quick and problem solve
- Flexible!! (Farm work is dependent on the weather and some tasks may need to change at the drop of a hat due to changes in environment or other)
- Must have transportation to and from farm
- Previous farm/outdoor work experience preferred
Compensation starts at $10.00/hour
This position has room for growth in responsibility and compensation over time. We are looking for people to grow with us over the years.
Housing is not provided.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineApril 15, 2019