Farm Share Outreach Internship - Atl The Common Market Georgia +1 more
- Date Posted February 01, 2019
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job Type Internship/Apprentice
The Common Market is a nonprofit regional food distributor with a mission to connect communities with good food from sustainable family farms. We strive to improve food security, farm viability, and community and ecological health. Currently operating in the Mid-Atlantic, the Southeast, and Texas, The Common Market is expanding to other U.S. regions to build a nation of vibrant regional food systems.
Since 2008, we've aggregated and distributed over $22 million of local foods from over 200 sustainable small and mid-scale farmers. We partner with regional farmers and institutions (public and private schools, hospitals, early childcare centers, universities, senior centers, government agencies) to rebuild our local food economies, enabling rural and urban communities to thrive.Job Description
The Common Market Farm Share program directly connects consumers to local produce through public and private pickup locations in the Atlanta/Birmingham area. Members of our farm share program receive a variety of pre-selected seasonal produce through bi-weekly “shares.” Workplaces, residential buildings, and schools bring communities together to host farm share sites in both the winter and summer. Learn more about our program at cmfarmshare.org.
The Common Market seeks an outgoing intern to help promote the upcoming summer farm share season. The Farm Share intern will help with customer service, marketing and promotion through on-site tabling events at wellness fairs and Lunch and Learns, assistance with e-mail marketing campaigns and social media.
- Traveling to participating farm share locations around Atlanta to promote farm share registration at wellness fairs and Lunch and Learns
- Assistance with e-mail marketing campaigns and other marketing as needed
- Answering customer questions through email/phone inquires
- Helping to create social media content on Facebook and Instagram
- Managing and distributing marketing materials and food samples
- Speaking knowledgeably about The Common Market’s mission, our farmers and producers, and specific details regarding The Common Market Farm Share program
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car required
- Personal laptop required
- Educational background, work experience, or interest in marketing or sales
- Excellent communications skills and an outgoing personality
- Interest in/understanding of sustainability, food systems, healthy eating, wellness and/or social enterprise work
- Ability to work varying hours weekly and some weekends, about 4-5 days a week, approximately 15-25 hours per week; Mid-March through late May.
- Compensation is $12/hr
Students, recent grads, and foodies encouraged to apply. Through this position you will gain exposure to the inner workings of a rapidly expanding food hub. It’s an opportunity to learn about local food systems at a nonprofit social enterprise and network with socially conscious businesses in our community.
Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, under $15/hr How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMarch 28, 2019