Content Manager US Marley Spoon
- Date Posted February 02, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Media
- Job Type Full-Time
Marley Spoon brings delightful, market-fresh, and easy cooking back to the people. Our chefs create inspiring and mouthwatering recipes every week and we make sure we advertise all of them! We are a well-funded, growing business across 3 continents, 6 countries, +900 employees and use technology to re-invent the global food supply chain to reduce unethical food waste.
But in the end it's simple: We started Marley Spoon because we love cooking and we love eating.Job Description
We are now looking for a Content Manager to join our team in the US and work on Martha & Marley Spoon and DINNERLY.
- You create, schedule and project manage our editorial calendar.
- You are responsible for content creation across all existing retention channels: website and mobile app, in-box, social media, blog, emails to current customers, and mass-communication about customer service incidents. This includes drafting, editing, proofreading and approving copy. It also includes briefing the in-design team based in Berlin, reviewing and approving designs. It also includes managing communication of market-specific seasonal events that impact our sales and initiating appropriate communication towards our customer base.
- You work with the U.S. Social Media & Community Manager regarding communication on all social media handles and reputation management. You cover the social media and community management responsibilities when this person is out of office.
- You assist with crisis management, bad reviews, and negative news communications.
- You work with brand management to craft and implement the brand identity and accompanying communication strategy to improve retention of our customers. This includes recommending the optimal channel of communication to drive the key message and accompanying business goals, briefing and creating content to maximize consumer understanding of that key message, identifying a means of measuring success, reporting back on results and optimizing based on insights.
- You stay up to date with trends, best practices, and platform updates
- An ability to take the initiative and push things forward
- An ability to take ownership but comfortable asking for help when stuck
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A strong work ethic and willingness to go above and beyond
- Passion for food
Requirements specific to this role
- Superior written and verbal communication abilities
- Creativity and a love of language and storytelling
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in marketing or communications
- Demonstrated project management experience to lead and deliver multiple content work streams simultaneously
- A strong analytical mindset and understanding on how to prepare, analyze and read data, using it to continuously to optimize your activities
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Basic knowledge or willingness to learn HTML
- Basic knowledge or willingness to learn Adobe Creative Suite (Design team in Berlin fulfills most design needs, but knowledge of basic Adobe software can help with simple and quick turnaround tasks.)
- Application must be submitted online for consideration
- Start-up experience
- Experience in consumer goods or foods industry
- Experience at a creative agency working on communication strategy
- Education in marketing
- Journalism or other professional writing experience
- Experience using Google Analytics and Facebook Ads Manager
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, transit, 401(k)
- The possibility to learn about everything that you are curious about, regardless of which function or department
- Act in an environment where we get things done without having formal hurdles
- An open, diverse and respectful culture with over 50 nationalities worldwide and flat hierarchies
- True ownership and real responsibilities
- Enjoy free meal kits delivered home
Love the sound of the position, but don’t think you’re the ideal candidate? Please apply! At Marley Spoon we value learning and growth.Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, 50k to 100k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline