General Manager - Bagelry & Creamery Daily Driver
- Date Posted February 08, 2019
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job Type Full-Time
(OPENING SPRING 2019)
Our 5,000+ sq foot Shop in the Dogpatch neighborhood is for those that love good, sustainable food, and are interested in learning how things are made, as you can witness the full creamery & wood-fired, bagel production. At our farm, we invite our guests to roam around and ask lots of questions, and we are aiming for the same engagement at Daily Driver. A Daily Driver vehicle is a dependable workhorse, and that is what we are offering to the community, no cutting corners on our food sourcing even if we have to work a bit harder at doing the right thing.
We are a manufacturing space first and foremost and will have a significant focus on wholesale accounts.
We are cultivating a team that shares our core values:
- sustainable food sourcing
- creativity and innovation
- being the best
- having fun while working
- respecting all people
- protecting small, local farms
- giving back (project wreckless, UCSF cancer center, MALT)
- educating others about sustainable, slow food
Our founders (Hadley, David, Tamara & DJ) also value the diversity of tasks, and support team members jumping from bagel making to butter making. All Team Members will also have the opportunity to work at the farm so they can learn hands-on about animal husbandry (goats and sheep), land & pasture management, as well as making a variety of goat & sheep cheeses. Or Team Members can just hang out at the farm and play with baby goats and lambs as a stress reliever!
More info on us from SF Eater!
We look forward to putting together an incredible team!!
Tamara, Hadley, David and DJ Job Description We are seeking a dynamic, General Manager to work closely with the four managing partners and Kitchen Manager.
We prefer an individual who has:
- a minimum of 5 years in a management culinary position
- baking experience
- outstanding references
- a strong role model with leadership skills
- super, positive attitude
- an outstanding sense of humor
- exceptional customer service
- excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- oversee Daily Drivers operations
- hiring/evaluating FOH & BOH team members and cultivating a safe as well as a fun work environment
- purchasing ingredients with Kitchen Manager & Wholesale Manager
- managing suppliers and vendors
- drive sales - identify local opportunities to increase sales and provide excellent customer service to ensure repeat business
- control costs – assist with P&L, budget, inventory catering, cut waste
- managing special events/pop-ups in coordination with managing partners
- ensure policies and procedures are upheld at all times
We do NOT discriminate against someone (applicant or employee) because of that person's race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Our newly created, large space will offer an ideal workplace in the best and sunniest neighborhood in SF, Dogpatch! Is this the job for you?! Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, 50k to 100k How to apply