Production Cook Perkins School for the Blind
- Date Posted February 08, 2019
- Location Watertown, MA
- Category Culinary / Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
- 10 paid vacation days.
- 4 paid personal days.
- 9 paid sick days.
- School breaks.
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Retirement programs.
- $18,000 reimbursement package for any continuing education expenses.
Department: Food Services and Stores
Under the direction of the manager and school nutritionist, Food Service Cook is responsible for preparing meals and snacks to achieve required taste and appearance in accordance with school standard preparation guidelines and recipes for students, clients and staff.
- Prepare meals and snacks to achieve required taste and appearance in accordance with school standard preparation guidelines and recipes for students, clients and staff; To prepare foods for special events as needed.
- Any alterations in school standard preparation guidelines and recipes must be approved in advance by the manager or school nutritionist.
- Order food and beverage quantities as needed and adjust or extend recipes to appropriate quantities; maintain food quality standards including appearance, taste and nutritional requirements. Order and prepare food for student/clients on special diets;
- Ensuring appropriate labels on all purees and food items.
- Arrange cooking schedule and storage of cooked items to assure proper temperature of hot foods at cottage serving time(s).
- Monitor food deliveries for accuracy and freshness and report discrepancies; Maintain records and documentation on daily food usage.
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils and appliances and store food supplies; in accordance with sanitation and safety regulations and procedures. of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, OSHA and ServSafe.
- To perform other related duties and task as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- 2-4 years related experience in methods of cooking and preparing food in large quantities or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience working with allergies preferred. Ability to get ServSafe certified within 12 months.