Lead Barista Campbell Cheese & Grocery +3 more
- Date Posted February 10, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
At Campbell & Co, we believe in the power of good food and in sharing it with others. Our focus is on locally-sourced and well-made goods—items that celebrate our community of NYC producers and upstate NY farmers. We love to share the stories of our makers, from the rooftop farmers growing heirloom tomatoes that overlook the Manhattan skyline to the cheesemakers aging provolone below the streets of Brooklyn. Our cheese case features more than 100 carefully-curated domestic and imported cheeses. Our beer and cider selection is just as large and unique – we love sour beers and we hope you do too! The Campbell & Co. kitchen and catering program utilizes the best ingredients from the season to create sandwiches, salads, breakfast biscuits, cheese boards, desserts, and more. Over the years we’ve worked hard to earn a devoted following and are known as much for our warm and friendly customer service as our products (our breakfast biscuits are legendary!).
Campbell & Co. started out five years ago as Campbell Cheese & Grocery, a family-run neighborhood specialty store in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We pride ourselves on having a thoughtful, respectful team and do our best to maintain a supportive, low-stress work environment.Job Description
We are now hiring a Lead Barista to oversee our new Espresso Bar. We are looking for someone with a friendly and upbeat attitude with an eye for the fine details. The ideal candidate has true passion for coffee—as well as in interest in cheese and quality local food. Overall, the Lead Barista is responsible for maintaining high quality espresso, and fostering a positive and engaging environment that keeps both customers and staff happy.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Oversee Espresso Bar, while upholding incredible customer service—service that’s friendly, down-to-earth, accommodating and aims to cultivate regulars.
- Lead by example with our staff in terms of integrity, positivity, and work ethic. If you’re known for your ability to motivate others this might be the job for you!
- Ensure the top quality and presentation of all beverages.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness, sanitation, and organization behind the bar, ensuring that all DOA and DOH requirements are being met.
- Handle customer complaints quickly and courteously.
- Proactively yet tactfully encourages upsells.
- Perform opening and closing duties as well as side work at the start and end of each shift as assigned.
- Assist management in hiring, training, and scheduling new baristas.
- Monitor waste and other inefficiencies—and think outside of the box to find solutions.
- 1+ years of NYC barista experience
- A passion for giving great customer service.
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations.
- Extensive and ever-expanding knowledge of COFFEE.
- Extremely organized with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Natural leader with great communication skills.
- A flexible schedule (mornings and weekends…plus holidays)
- A team player with a willingness to jump in and help with all tasks.
- A quick-thinking and decisive problem solver.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline