- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Production Manager Bellicchi’s Best Biscotti
- Date Posted February 18, 2019
- Location Warren, RI
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Part-Time
What makes BBB’s stand out? It’s flavor, It’s Size, It’s Quality
Bellicchi’s Best Biscotti is smaller than many Biscotti – it’s crunchy, making it perfect for snacking and dunking.
Because of its size, you may get a different taste with each bite. When you bite into an Almond Fennel Orange Biscotti – you’ll get a crunch of almond, a blast of fennel, a back note of orange; a bite of Johnnycake offers the light crunch of Johnnycake meal and the sweetness of Ne England cranberries...
We bake six flavors of Biscotti – Almond Fennel Orange; Cocoa Nibs; White Chocolate Macadamia Lemon; Johnnycake Cranberry - The Rhode Island Biscotti (also packaged as Johnny Cranberry - The New England Biscotti); Almond Fennel Orange - gluten free; Cocoa Nibs - gluten free
During the Winter months we add to our baking:
Biscotti Bark - Biscotti crumbles embedded in dark chocolate
Panettone - more cake-like than other Panettone studded with NE Cranberries and Golden Raisins
Head Baker Hope and Main Warren RI
Bellicchi’s Best Biscotti is looking for a Production Manager with a flexible schedule to bake Biscotti and other Bellicchi’s Best products at Hope & Main, kitchen incubator, Warren RI. You can schedule baking time 24/7 - anytime that works for you and Team of two or three other support staff. Two days weekly until end of March, 3 -4 days April – June. Little to no baking June – August. There is opportunity to be our Ambassador at Markets during the summer months for the same pay. Sept - December 2-4 days weekly.
Hope and Main provides a well-organized work space, effective equipment, and a pleasant environment to bake. Large windows overlooking a tree lined street, nearby kitchens wafting interesting aromas, and a helping hand when needed in a pinch.
We are a growing company. With you in the kitchen and me on the road expanding our reach to customers and building our Whole Foods presence this could become a full-time position. If you want to add product to our line I'm happy to support and compensate for any products we bring to Market. I'm currently working on a line of CBD Biscotti to add to our product line up.
Love of baking combined with knowledge of baking techniques; focus on quality; efficient and effective time management; organized; attentive to details
- Schedule baking shifts through the H&M App
- Manage baking Team during six-hour baking shifts
- Measure and combine ingredients; use large stand mixer, multiple deck ovens, and other equipment to bake Biscotti and seasonal baked goods - Panettone, Biscotti Bark
- Test ingredients and finished goods to ensure each item meets food safety and quality controls of size, uniformity, attractive saleable packages
- Keep records relating to baking production, yield, waste, inventory, and ongoing production levels
- Keep inventory of ingredients on hand - I will give you a crdit card
- Label, Package and store baked Biscotti on our pallet in basement
- Clean kitchen, ensure all equipment is sanitized and ready for the next shift, some pick-up some are delivered
- Keep storage locker clean and neat
- Pick customer orders and prepare for shipping
- Clear communication, time and resource management, planning skills
- Attention to detail, especially when baking and performing quality inspections on ingredients and products
- Math and computer skills
- Ability to work independently and with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules
- Manage support staff of 1-3 people during baking shifts
- Mix, bake, slice, weigh, label, clean kitchen, and package 40 pounds of Biscotti in six hours
- Create consistent quality Biscotti and other Bellicchi’s Best products
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances, and lift heavy items for extended period
Purvey ingredients, make deliveries / oversee deliveries
COMPENSATION: this position is PAID: hourly, $15 /hr. to start, up to $20/hr.
Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $12.00 - $15.00 Application instructions