Line Cook or Dishwasher/Maintenance Pancake Social
- Date Posted February 17, 2019
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Pancake Social's concept originated from the idea of people gathering together to enjoy the company of good food in an inviting space. Customers should feel welcomed and comfortable whether it's the start or end of their day. Likewise, we believe our employees should feel the same way. Our aim is to provide a working environment that fosters growth, learning opportunities, and positive team building. As a fast-casual concept, we expect business to be fast-paced, and will challenge individuals to work efficiently and quickly while still maintaining a high level of execution.
- Growth: Pancake Social also plans to open its second location at the end of 2019 or early 2020. Our main location here in Ponce City Market will be a catalyst for new opportunities to come.
- Learning Opportunities: Whether mixing a new recipe or learning a new station, there are always things to improve on or skills to learn. We encourage this growth and believe this is the back-bone to a strong kitchen team.
- The team: A successful kitchen flourishes not from a single individual but a group effort working towards the same goal. Like a well-oiled machine, Pancake Social is looking for individuals who are motivated to work and grow as a team, pushing each other to be better every day.
Current hours of operation are 7:00 am - 6:00 pm Sunday through Wednesday and 7:00 am - 9:00 pm Thursday - Saturday.
- If you are scheduled to open, responsibilities will include mixing batters for pancakes, baking pastries for the bar display case, and setting up the line for service.
- If you are scheduled as a mid-shift, responsibilities will include double checking your station on arrival, working service, and maintaining your station mise en place for the closing cook.
- If you are scheduled to close, responsibilities will include working service while maintaining your station mise en place, breaking down the station, cleaning, prepping for the next day's batters, and re-setting the line for the morning crew.
Ponce City Market is a fast-growing hub for businesses of all kinds. There is a solid spread of restaurants in the the Market that cater to the diverse Atlanta dining scene. Pancake Social will be the first full-time breakfast concept to open here, and we are generating a mass of publicity because of it. As an employee here, you will be joining us on an exciting opening that we expect will take off quickly.
Line cooks can start at $11 an hour (depending on experience). Dishwashers/maintenance can start at $10 an hour (depending on experience). Full-time employees can expect to work up to 40 hours a week, 5 days a week.
We are currently looking for full time positions. Employees must have a secure mode of transportation to and from the restaurant for their shift.
Healthcare and tip share are company benefits still under discussion. Please contact us and schedule an interview for further details.
Pancake Social will be a brand new, fast-paced, high volume kitchen. There are many opportunities to learn and grow within the company. We look forward to hearing from you and becoming a part of this journey. Compensation this position is : hourly, under $15/hr Application instructions