Farmers Market Manager Community Farmers Markets
- Date Posted March 07, 2019
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job Type Full-Time
Community Farmers Markets is an Atlanta based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to develop a local food infrastructure for long term sustainability and meaningful community impact. Our purpose is to preserve, root, and grow a diverse local food culture by maintaining an authentic space for all people to share community, fair food, and healthy lifestyles while providing a sustainable living for producers who steward the earth.
Through our unique, three-tiered approach to food access through the distribution of food (at markets), education about the food through educational outreach programming, and financial incentives to purchase the food through double SNAP and incentive programs and through building strong partnerships with mission-critical partners in our communities and the city at large, CFM’s markets and programs have had an extensive impact on the local food system in Atlanta.
Community Farmers Markets is seeking a Farmers Market Manager to develop and strengthen our farmers markets for long term sustainability and meaningful community impact. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with great people skills to manage one or more seasonal farmers markets and lead educational outreach throughout their market neighborhood. Full time Market Managers are each responsible for two of CFM’s markets. The following markets are operated by CFM: Decatur Wednesday, Decatur Saturday, East Atlanta Village, Grant Park, the Ponce City Farmers Market on the BeltLine, and the CFM Bicycle Produce Cart. CFM also works in partnership to manage the Fresh MARTA Markets.
Market Managers are full-time, salaried positions that are approximately 40 hours per week. Managers must be able to commit to a full market season to be considered for the position.
The Market Manager’s full-time position will include on-site responsibilities at the market during market hours. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing market staff and volunteers, supporting vendors, engaging community partners, planning events, and posting to social media.
The Market Manager’s position will also include off-site work on the ground in the market neighborhood and at the office during non-market hours. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, educational outreach throughout the market neighborhood at schools, community organizations, and neighborhood meetings, outreach communications through social media and email newsletters, as well as administrative tasks related to market coordination.
Market Managers Position:
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- CFM Markets at the following times (April - December unless otherwise specified)
- Ponce City Farmers Market on the Beltline, Tuesdays from 4pm-8pm
- Decatur Wednesdays from 4 to 7pm
- East Atlanta Village, Thursdays from 4 to 8 pm
- Decatur Saturdays from 9am to 1pm
- Grant Park, Sundays from 9am to 1pm, Year Round
- Mobile Bike Cart, weekly, times vary
- Farmers Market Manager
- Coordinate and supervise market staff, interns, volunteers, and vendors at all markets from set-up to take down, during the market season.
- Maintain and transport materials to/from market site to/from CFM HDQ using the CFM cargo van.
- Develop and coordinate all at-market programs for the following booths: community booth, kids booth, activity or special events booth.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute at-market events.
- Enforce rules and regulations at market. Maintain quality control. Relate with customers and vendors, and resolve minor conflicts.
- Marketing and Communications
- Write and share regular Facebook posts, weekly newsletters, instagram, and other promotions.
- Draft market layout/ market map weekly to ensure market flow.
- Track vendor attendance and vendor fees.
- Track and evaluate market activities through weekly internal and external reports.
- Track SNAP/ EBT sales weekly through internal and external reports.
- Attend regularly-scheduled weekly meetings with CFM headquarters staff.
- Raise funds in support of the market(s).
- Regularly attend neighborhood meetings and PTA meetings at local schools
- Participate in neighborhood events such as festivals, parades, school garden workdays.
- Coordinate hands-on cooking classes with children, adults, and seniors through schools, community organizations, and housing developments.
- Seasonally distribute updated print materials (flyers and postcards) throughout neighborhood.
- Recruit and maintain active volunteers.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Ability to drive a cargo van, including a current driver's license, and clean driving record.
- Pass a background check.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years professional experience.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in one of the following fields preferred: non-profits, community-organizing, nutrition, public health, farming, the local food movement.
- Strong interest in farmers markets, the local food movement, and the mission of CFM.
- Commitment to providing access to “good food” to all people regardless of socio-economic situation.
- Ability to work under pressure and in unconventional scenarios.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt on the job.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and work in extreme weather.
- Competency with Gmail, Google Calendar, Googledocs, Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram and other social media outlets strongly preferred.
Competencies: The exceptional candidate will excel in the following competencies:
- Community Building: Develops strong, trusting, respectful relationships with others. Demonstrates honesty and integrity.
- Communication: Listens carefully and speaks and writes in a compelling way. Effectively communicates with a wide range of audiences.
- Impact and Influence: Motivates and influences others to achieve outcomes.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Gathers information from different sources; sifts through complexity; and proposes relevant solutions. Resolves conflicts in a peaceful manner.
- Achievement Orientation: Demonstrates results and the ability to sustain and persevere through significant challenges to reach goals.
- Planning and Execution: Manages time and resources effectively, prioritizing efforts according to organizational goals.
Compensation, Benefits and Schedule:
Full- time, salary: $30,000 plus benefits (if operating 2 farmers markets). Payments are made on a bi-weekly basis. Each manager will work at the CFM office space in Atlanta, GA as well as remotely. Managers must be willing and able to work on a flexible schedule and in a fast- paced environment. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, and technology stipends.
Community Farmers Markets is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law.
Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, less than 50k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMarch 22, 2019