Farmers Market Ambassador Community Farmers Markets
- Date Posted March 07, 2019
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job Type Part-Time
Community Farmers Markets is an Atlanta based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to develop a local food infrastructure for long term sustainability and meaningful community impact. Our purpose is to preserve, root, and grow a diverse local food culture by maintaining an authentic space for all people to share community, fair food, and healthy lifestyles while providing a sustainable living for producers who steward the earth.
Through our unique, three-tiered approach to food access through the distribution of food (at markets), education about the food through educational outreach programming, and financial incentives to purchase the food through double SNAP and incentive programs and through building strong partnerships with mission-critical partners in our communities and the city at large, CFM’s markets and programs have had an extensive impact on the local food system in Atlanta.
The Market Ambassador’s responsibilities include market operations and outreach, as needed. The Market Ambassador is an hourly position that will be approximately 8 - 10 hours per week (8 hours of at-market duties and 2-4 hours of outreach, depending on market hours and available outreach work).
The Market Ambassador serves as the welcoming face of the market and will be a spokesperson within their market community. Market Ambassadors work closely with their Market Manager, CFM staff and volunteers, engage closely with vendors at and outside of market, and liaise with community partners. The Market Ambassador will manage the information booth during market hours and will work directly with the market manager to ensure quality control of market.
- Grant Park Farmers Market, Sunday’s
- April 8th - December 16th, 9 am - 1 pm
- Ponce City Farmers Market
- Tuesday, April 10th - November 20th, 4 - 8 pm
- Decatur Farmers Market Wednesday
- Wednesday, April 11th - December 19th, 4 - 7 pm
- East Atlanta Village Farmers Market
- Thursday, April 12th - November 15th, 4 - 8pm
- Decatur Farmers market Saturday
- Saturday, April 14th - December 15th, 9 am - 1 pm
- Set-up and Take-Down Market (CFM booths and assist vendors)
- Manage Information Booth Operations
- Work with Market Manager to maintain quality control over the market space
- Process Merchant Services and Sell Merchandise
- Liaise with Market Shoppers and Vendors to build strong community relationships
- Support Programs Booths Participants and Activities (Kid’s Booth, Chef Booth, and Community Booth)
- Collaborate with the Market Manager and Director of Programs on Community Outreach and Presence activities, as time allows
- Candidates should be friendly, outgoing, organized and passionate about local food and the mission of CFM.
- Candidates must be available to work every market during market season.
- Experience in one of the following fields preferred but not required: non-profits , community-organizing, nutrition, public health, the service or retail industry, and/or the local food movement.
- Ability to work under pressure and in unconventional scenarios.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt on the job.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and work in extreme weather.
- Competency with email, Facebook, Instagram and other social media outlets strongly preferred.
- Believe that all people deserve access to “good food” regardless of socio-economic situation.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a part time position, with hours varying according to market and outreach schedules (approximately 8- 10 hours per week per market). Compensation starts at $10 per/hour. No benefits are included. If Candidate excels with this position, there is opportunity for growth within the organization.Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, under $15/hr How to apply