Operations Coordinator Blöde Kuh Artisan Vegan Products
- Date Posted March 11, 2019
- Location Los Angeles, CA
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Blöde Kuh is a small artisan and vegan food company looking to hire a dynamic and energetic individual to bring on as an Operations Coordinator. The Operations Coordinator position requires an appetite for learning, a mind for numbers and knack for understanding systems. You’ll be wearing many hats and playing a big role in making sure the business operates smoothly on a day-to-day. Because we are unique in that we manufacture perishable products and have a unique distribution model (primarily farmers markets), most applicants with experience in operations/logistics positions will need to adapt to a shift in thinking.
We’re a very mission-driven company where we focus on doing the right thing and doing it well. We encourage open communication and two-way transparency. This is not a 9 to 5 job, but we do make it a point to prioritize work-life balance for all our employees. The right applicant for this job will feel comfortable primarily working alone but cooperating with multiple groups within the company. A well-thought-out food philosophy and an understanding of the state of our current food systems will make a candidate stand out.
This position reports directly to the owner. As we grow, there will be ample opportunities to assume more responsibility within the company.
- Farmers market coordination - 30% (Generating load-out sheets, Coordinating with market staff, Closing out markets)
- Sales Order Management (Order aggregation, Invoicing, Delivery planning, AR) - 25%
- Production planning assistance - 10%
- Inventory maintenance & procurement - 10%
- Administrative - 5%
- Long-Term Projects - 20%
- At least 1 year experience in operations or production planning is preferred, preferably in the food and beverage industry
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel are necessary. Programming knowledge is a big plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (fluency in English a must)
- Dedication to accuracy, high attention to detail
- Predisposition to pitch in where needed and get your hands dirty
- Willingness to trade some weekend hours for flexible scheduling during the week
- Multi-tasking & time management skills
- Accounting 101 or some experience with bookkeeping preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent show of commitment to a long-term goal)
- Internal drive to learn and understand systems
- Ability to think on your feet and make decisions within time constraints
- Comfortable primarily working alone (some small teams work)
- Flexible scheduling & partial work-from-home
- Open culture and breadth of learning experiences
- Opportunity for professional growth within company