Hospitality Manager Ashes & Diamonds Winery
- Date Posted March 14, 2019
- Location Napa, CA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Located at the gateway of Napa Valley, along its main artery, Highway 29, Ashes & Diamonds Winery’s mid-century approach extends to its architecture. The iconic zig-zag roof and portholes are a few of the iconic references to the heritage of California mid-century modern design, seamlessly integrated with a state-of-the-art wine production facility surrounded by light, airy landscapes. Job Description POSITION: Hospitality Manager
OBJECTIVE: As manager of the daily tasting room operations, this individual must have experience in staff management, POS and order processing, and a strong background in customer service. Under the direction of and collaboration with the Hospitality Director and VP of Hospitality and Culinary, this individual will work to create a healthy work environment and culture for our staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Experienced in management of all levels of hospitality staff. This is inclusive of assisting in mentoring, training, hiring and evaluating A&D Hosts and Property Stewards.
• Provide support and coaching as needed to improve and develop individual and group sales performance with the direction of the Hospitality Director and VP of Hospitality
• Act as the maître d’, ensuring the flow and cadence of service works to ensure the best possible guest experience while maximizing revenue.
• Assist in the programming and development of staff meetings to discuss goals & performance as necessary.
• Creative thinker with ability to develop relationships that enhance our brand and provide a positive customer experience.
• Deliver exceptional customer service, rapidly resolve customer services issues and motivate others to do the same.
• Greet all visitors to A&D, pour wines for tasting, discuss wine and respond to customer questions as appropriate.
• Can accurately describe wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
• Effectively promotes and sells wine and Wine Club memberships to customers.
• Handle purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and processing returns and discounts.
• Take the initiative for self-development in the areas of our wines, our brands, general hospitality, and for acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
• Maintain knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wine to consumers and how they impact day-to-day wine shipments.
• Act as a concierge if one is not on property, particularly weekends. Duties include but are not limited to receiving phone and email communications while overseeing the
• Participate and assist with special hospitality events that occur at the winery.
• Represents winery at outside functions as required.
• Assist with regular physical inventory counts of wine and merchandise.
• Maintaining accurate count of daily inventory and samples used in tasting room.
• Accurately handle all sales transactions, including the opening, closing and/or daily operations of cash register (Proficiency w/ Tock and Wine Direct preferred).
• Ensure all policies, procedures, and applicable employment laws are being followed.
• Assist the Hospitality Director in preparing work schedules for tasting room staff.
• Collaborate and work closely with Property Steward(s) to uphold our standard of service and image of the tasting room.
• Collaborate and work closely with the Estate Director and Hospitality Manager to prepare and present branded presentations to both internal and external audiences on Wine
• Exceptional understanding and application of the principals of genuine and hospitable customer service.
• Generate daily closing reports to management team and proprietor per necessary.
• Act as a Manager-On-Duty in the event that the Hospitality Director and VP of Hospitality and Culinary are not on property.
• Must be able and willing to work nights and weekends.
• Three years of experience in a winery or restaurant management position or equivalent education/work experience.
• Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines; display appropriate sense of urgency.
• College degree or equivalent.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of MS Office applications, including Excel.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
• Ability to multitask effectively and efficiently, problem solve.
• Positive and professional attitude; self-motivated.
• Drive and dedication to achieving sales goals personally and as a leader of the sales team.
• Strong attention to detail
• Valid California driver’s license
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs all related duties as assigned
• Consistent communication and coordination with hospitality team
• Lift and handle materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Stand on hard surface for extended periods
• Grasp, stoop, squat, climb stairs, push or pull, carry and reach over shoulder
• Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to: pallet jacks; hand trucks, etc.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
ALIGNED VALUES – Successful employees will share in our values:
• Drive Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, 50k to 100k How to apply