Human Resources Generalist Gourmet Gorilla
- Date Posted March 15, 2019
- Location Chicago, IL
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
We are seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial Human Resources Generalist, reporting to the CFO and CBDO, to provide a full complement of HR support to our rapidly growing team!
The Human Resources Generalist manages the day-to-day operations of the central office by implementing our policies and programs and overseeing hiring and talent acquisition, employee relations, worker’s compensation and benefits. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic candidate who shares a passion for our mission and is aligned with our culture and is able to help build upon and expand our Human Resource department and capabilities. You also need to really like people, and have a genuine desire to help them grow. This role will be equal parts strategy and execution.
Gourmet Gorilla, founded in 2009, is a school food service company striving for a sustainable future for our children by providing local and organic school meals and healthier eating options.
- Preparing and maintaining employee handbook, policy and procedure manual
- Helping develop department goals, objectives and systems
- Create and administer an employee compensation programs, monitoring performance evaluation program and revising when necessary
- Performing benefits administration duties including claims resolution, change reports and communicating benefit information to employees
- Identifies training gaps and works with management level associates to ensure company training needs such as new associate orientation, compliance, sexual harassment, and health fairs are delivered
- Counsels managers on employment issues
- Conducting new employee orientations and monitoring career paths
- Handling employee retention counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviews
- Performs tactical recruiting including preparing job postings,web posting, screening resumes, conducting interviews and preparing offer letters
- Embody our culture: Organize our regular events, and surprise us with ones we hadn’t thought of. We’re social, and we need you to be social too!
- Build trust with employees across all layers of the organization and be an active listener and effective problem solver of people issues
- At least two years of HR Generalist experience
- 4 year degree in Human Resource Management or related field preferred, but not required
- Strong Word and Excel skills
- Knowledge of recruitment strategies, job boards,etc
- Understanding of compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the HR Function
- Strong organization, analytical and strategic project planning skills
- Interest in being a part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing mission-based company
- Ability to build and promote a company culture