Finance Manager Riverwards Produce +1 more
- Date Posted March 15, 2019
- Location Philadelphia, PA
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Food waste is definitely something we are aware of and aim to minimize within our operations. The market offers a dollar bag section for produce that may only have a few days of shelf life left. This allows produce to be accessible at a variety of price points. The market also participates in a composting program with Bennett Compost. Any produce or flowers that spoil are collected into buckets throughout the day to be tossed in our large compost bin outside.
Everything you find in our market has been thoughtfully sourced by Vincent, the owner, and his team. The quality of the ingredients, the origin, and even the packaging are all considered before putting them on our shelves. We are constantly growing and expanding our offerings and we hope you will continue to grow with us!Job Description
Riverwards Produce is growing fast and seeking a full-time Finance Manager to assist us as we build out our financial processes. The Finance Manager will be a key member of a close-knit team of fun people who are serious about good food.
General responsibilities include managing all aspects of general ledger, accounts receivable, and accounts payable, as well as handling payroll, credit cards, and cash flow. Additionally, Riverwards’ Finance Manager will lead the charge in developing forecasting strategies that allow the store departments to track costs and plan for the future.
- Strategy, Planning, and Management
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to short and long-term operational goals.
- Serve as key member of the Riverwards Team, participate in Management Team Meetings, and attend occasional All Staff Meetings as needed.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual financial and budgeting reports, monthly P & L, actual to planned financial results, and cash flow reports.
- Develop and maintain Quarterly Operating Budget and Annual Business Plan.
- Accounting, General Ledger, Administration, and Operations-
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting.
- Ensure bookkeeping is completed and work with Accountant to ensure Tax Return is completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate insurance programs to control risks and losses.
- Coordinate claims and annual insurance audits with insurance carriers.
- Manage cash flow planning process, determine funds required and help ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash and asset management.
- Help Maintain banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors.
- Manage A/P and A/R functions.
- Manage cash flow on a daily basis.
- Manage biweekly payroll.
- Expertise in Quickbooks and Excel required.
- Background or education in bookkeeping, business, or accounting required.
- Experience in retail, especially grocery, encouraged.
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Employee discounts
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline