Butcher New Morning Market
- Date Posted April 04, 2019
- Location Woodbury, CT
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job Type Full-Time
New Morning Market is an independently owned natural and organic marketplace in Woodbury, CT. We consciously select sustainable products to support healthy lifestyles — whether you’re looking for wholesome prepared foods and catering, local organic produce, special diet items, humanely raised meat, artisanal cheeses, or high-quality supplements and healthcare items.
Since opening our doors in 1971, we’ve become a community space to gather and connect—whether in our café over an organic smoothie or at a yoga class hosted by our Vitality Center. Come share with us!"
New Morning’s Meat & Seafood specialists offer full-service, craft butchery techniques, sourcing animals exclusively from our local farmers. You will be an ambassador for our mission to consciously select the highest quality products which are healthy for people, the environment; are humanely produced and support a sustainable lifestyle.
We are looking for hard-working, fun people with a passion for food and local food systems, learning, the environment, and building relationships with our customers and community. If you love working with people and are looking for an opportunity that encourages personal and professional growth in a supportive culture, this is the place for you!
Overview of Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patrons and promote department sales
- Serve and assist customers, explain product flavor, origin, taste and how they are prepared
- Prepare, package, weigh, portion, and price product upon request
- Maintain and arrange product displays, cases, and overall department
- Cut, trim, and bone carcass sections or prime cuts, using knives, meat saw, cleaver, and bandsaw, to reduce to cooking cuts, such as roasts, steaks, chops, stew cubes, and grinding meat.
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of product
- Maintain clean and sanitary work station, back room, storage and surrounding areas.
- Follow and comply with company policies and procedures, including health and sanitation, and safe work practices
We offer a competitive benefit plan including health, dental & vision insurance, and 401(k) plan with a company match, as well as a 25% employee discount! Compensation this position is PAID: hourly, $15/hr or more How to apply