- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Farm Crew ~ Field Worker Barberry Hill Farm
- Date Posted April 10, 2019
- Location Madison, CT
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Barberry Hill Farm is a diversified organic family farm. We raise organic vegetables, flowers and fruits for our 100 member CSA, our Farm Stand and for the City Seed Farmers Market in New Haven and Madison Farmers Market. Our flowers are grown for our farm stand and also for the weddings we host from Spring to Fall on our 18 acre farm. We enjoy training our crew to learn how to manage our land and harvests in the most sustainable way we can. We all work hard during the course of the season and we take great pride in raising and sharing the most amazing, healthy food we can with our community. We live across the street from the beach and 1 mile from the quaint village of Madison, CT. We may work hard but we always leave time in the day for some relaxation and regrouping.Job description
Responsibilities will include:
- Harvesting, processing and packing produce for our Community Supported Agriculture members and Farmers Markets. You will also be planting and weeding crops.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work long days under the hot sun, and still smile.
- Good communication and team work skills appreciated.
- Benefits include being outside in the fresh air, working with an amazing crew, and access to fresh, organic produce.
- Ability to drive a manual transmission beneficial, but not required.
- Previous farm experience preferred but not required...we will train.
- Daily duties can include but are not limited to: seeding, planting, pruning, weeding, flower harvest, bouquet making and deliveries.
- Able to work weekdays and some weekends and who is self-motivated and able to work independently.
Compensation is $10-15/hr, depending on experience or room/board with a negotiable stipend.
We are seeking individuals who are interested in the potential for long-term employment and growing into a managerial role. We are currently looking for someone to fill this seasonal position who can work full-time (40-50 hrs/wk) by mid-April and then end the season with us at the end of October.Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $10.00 - $15.00 Application instructions