- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Social Media/Program Coordinator Roots Down Consulting
- Date Posted April 22, 2019
- Location Decatur, GA
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job type Internship/Apprentice
Roots Down Consulting brings these spaces to life through landscape/garden design, program development, and ongoing community outreach and education. Our programs allow us to connect to these newly designed eco-spaces on a deeper level. We pull from the collective expertise of farmers, horticulturists, and environmental educators to facilitate education with a focus on strengthening food systems and ecology. We work with individuals, local government, and communities. We are excited to build our team and make this all possible. Internship description
Skills Must haves:
- People person
- Loving of plants, animals and people
- Permaculture Design
- Art skills
- Social media skills
- Gardening/farming skills
- Loving of plants and animals
Are you a gardener/farmer that loves to do social media?
Or are you a person that does it all?!
Either way please apply!
If you want to be a part of a growing movement to help cities become more food secure, then join our team. We are currently looking for interns that have vision and drive to make our communities a better place. We are looking for individuals that want to help teach about urban gardening and advocate for food security while helping us document the processes and add a layer of interactive and fun transparency.
Our Social Media and Program Coordinator Intern will:
- Help develop and implement overall social media plan of action
- Coordinate workshops for city-wide programming
- Organize program data
- Help create posters and media content
- Take pictures and video of events for social media campaigns
- Update and organize social media accounts
- Participate in weekly planning meetings for ongoing programs
We will bridge the gap between local government and the people in the community by acting as advocates to support a healthier community to live in. Roots Down Consulting is working with the City of Clarkston GA and other municipalities in this endeavor. Roots Down is a company with an amazing network of non-profits and other food organizations that partner in everything from permaculture landscape design to food advocacy.
This is a paid internship with interesting benefits
Chosen Candidate will receive:
- Monthly stipend (amount based on current skill set)
- Training in Regenerative Agriculture Practices
- One-on-one peer training
- Permaculture Design Certification scholarship
- Certification from Roots Down as a Community Liaison -- This is a one of a kind program that can give you tools to activate your community and teach you amazing ways to work with city government.
- Opportunity for full- time employment in 2020