Production Assistant NYrture Food LLC
- Date Posted April 29, 2019
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Production
- Job Type Full-Time
NYrture Food is a rapidly growing start up that produces natto, a traditional Japanese fermented soybean product, and probiotic superfood. We are two PhD Microbiologists and a former chef, dedicated to popularizing natto in the US, and committed to educating consumers about the functional health properties and culinary possibilities of natto.
We make four varieties of natto, with additional product lines in development. All of our food is non-GMO, and two of our varieties are certified organic.Job Description Job Overview:
The Production Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the total production process, from receiving raw ingredients to shipping finished product, and all steps in between. The PA will be an integral member of the Production Team, and will play a crucial role in creating a premium product as part of a growing company. As our we expand our products into new markets, the PA’s, under the direction of the Operations Manager, will be responsible for scaling up supply to meet growing demand.
If you’re currently in the restaurant or catering world and would like to be part of a different kind of food business - or are simply seeking a change of pace - this could be a good fit for you.
If you’re looking for an opportunity with growth potential, this role could develop in a number of different directions as the business grows.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Learn all parts of our process, including sorting, washing, steaming, fermenting, packaging, labeling and shipping.
- Support daily production activities.
- Maintain a meticulous kitchen, which includes basic dishwashing and floor mopping duties.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation standards, including adherence to all HAACP procedures outlined in SOP, and good personal hygiene
- Package and ship wholesale and e-commerce orders.
- Assist in receiving and inventory management.
- Depending on experience and interest, participate in product development, event support, and/or sales and marketing.
- High school diploma. Culinary education a plus.
- 1-2 years experience in the culinary industry, or in food manufacturing, with foundational understanding of kitchen/production environments. Knowledge of fermentation processes and products a plus.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Detail oriented, with ability to maintain focus and attention on quality in a sometimes repetitive manufacturing environment.
- Able to adhere to heightened cleanliness requirements, critical for this unusual living food.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
- Preferred: fermentation experience, especially making natto or cheese.
Job Competencies/Success Factors:
- Team player: Demonstrates cooperative spirit, respects professional boundaries and is successful at sharing responsibilities with others.
- Self-led: Knows and completes responsibilities in assigned timelines, but also willing to say “I don’t know” and ask for clarification when needed.
- Motivated: Looks for opportunities to increase knowledge, strives to achieve personal goals.
- Communicative risk-taker: Quick to volunteer new ideas and ways of doing things, while being sure to always discuss with the team first.
- Respects confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Maintains high sense of urgency without compromising quality
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline