- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
bakeshop teammate hell yeah gluten free
- Date Posted May 01, 2019
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
hell yeah gluten free (hygf!) is a boutique bakery at 900 dekalb ave ne, in the inman park neighborhood of atlanta, georgia.
we believe in blending a farm-to-table and eco-conscious approach with unexpected flavors and eye-catching presentation to make a sensual experience unlike any other standalone bakery in the atlanta area. we also believe this experience should be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of allergy or preference–so our kitchen is dedicated gluten free and peanut-free, and we always have delicious, innovative vegan fare on deck.
hell yeah is a mission-driven business, emphasizing people and community over profit. we give back by participating in initiatives that fight hunger, emphasize education, and give work experience to those going through difficult life transitions.
we're also proud to pay a living wage to our employees (determined by MIT's Living Wage Calculator), and provide a work environment focused on personal and professional development, collaboration and democracy, innovation and learning.
→ people over profit: employees will be included in decision-making meetings, encouraged to come up with new menu items, and empowered to help streamline process. they'll have access to career coaching, and be paid a living wage, as determined by MIT's living wage calculator.
→ reduction of waste: generating waste is part of life, but we believe in managing our waste as best we can by using biodegradable disposables, incentivizing our customers to use multi-use containers like tupperware and mason jars, developing menu items made from scraps/blemished produce, and composting what we don't use.
→ community over competition: instead of competing with each other in the kitchen and in the world, we prefer to notice opportunities to amplify other voices, learn from one another, and be driven to do better.
HYGF teammates are adaptable, friendly, and work well under pressure. Kitchen experience is not required, as we believe a variety of backgrounds and interests makes our business thrive. We are currently hiring our core team to open 900 Dekalb, so candidates must be self-directed, gritty, and committed.
All shifts start during early morning hours (either 4am or 5am), and every teammate preps, bakes, and cleans in preparation for opening. Just before open, part of the team breaks off and works FOH for the day, while the rest of the team continues BOH tasks. The kitchen is completely open, so interacting with customers is a big part of the day-to-day, even if you're not working FOH.
Raises, promotions, company goals, and major decisions, will be made as a team. You will have access to a career coach quarterly, and you'll be able to use 4 hours (paid) a month as play/innovation time in the kitchen.
What you'll be doing
– Measure, scale, and prep ingredients according to recipes
– Bake a variety of items off in accordance with time/recipe guides
– Learn and execute finishing detail work on all items including pastries and cakes
– Collaborating to write and finalize prep lists for the day
– Clean and maintain equipment, tools, and surfaces, including performing deep cleans every other week
– Cordially speaking and interacting with customers regularly
– Tracking inventory accurately and working with our vendors to make sure deliveries are complete and in good condition
– Participate in regular team meetings
– Assist with overall organization and implementation of kitchen systems
How success is measured
– Quality of product produced, and timeliness in which they're produced
– Level of teamwork and collaboration demonstrated. This includes being punctual/dependable/reliable, respectful to your teammates, and giving/receiving feedback gracefully
– High standard of cleanliness and organization practiced on the regs
The ideal candidate
The person in this position should be a friendly and energetic team player. The ideal candidate should be proactive, motivated, and detail-oriented.
– Will have effective and positive communication skills, both with the team and our customers
– Will demonstrate strong leadership skills and independent decision making, with a healthy dose of humility
– Will have a full understanding of the hell yeah ethos, and be willing to be a representative of the company
– Is okay with early hours, lifting up to 50lbs, and standing 6-8 hours a day. You know, all the fun stuff.