- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Cake Icer / Bakery Assistant Charm City Cakes
- Date Posted May 02, 2019
- Location Baltimore, MD
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
We are a cake studio comprised of an eclectic group of artists and bakers.Job description
Job Title: Cake Icer / Bakery Assistant
Schedule: Part-time (24-32 hours/week), Tuesday - Friday.
We are a cake studio comprised of an eclectic group of artists and bakers in need of a positive, efficient, organized and proactive professional to ice our cakes and be our bakery assistant. We need an exceptionally motivated individual to help our shop run smoothly. This person will work with a great crew to provide assistance in many different areas of the bakery.
- Assist the bakery with simple tasks in the kitchen.
- Ice cakes and cupcakes, mix buttercream, and box up cakes and cupcakes.
- Manage and track kitchen inventory.
- Place weekly orders for kitchen ingredients and supplies.
- Keep kitchen clean and orderly.
- Run errands - pick up needed ingredients and supplies and run simple errands for the staff to keep production moving smoothly.
- Wash dishes throughout the day, clean the kitchen nightly.
- Sweep and mop the studio floor, take out the trash, do laundry, as needed
- Assist with the showroom/storefront as needed.
- Possibly deliver cakes
- Must be able to ice a cake. Fill, crumb coat and final coat.
- Must work efficiently, precisely, and quickly.
- Must be able to work with a team and have a can-do attitude.
- Baking experience/interest in baking is a plus, as is some sort of experience in the food industry/commercial kitchen.
- Strong time-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitasking are essential.
Compensation this position is : hourly, under $15/hr Application instructions