Brand Ambassador HEX Ferments
- Date Posted May 16, 2019
- Location Baltimore, MD
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
HEX Ferments uses the traditional method of fermentation to preserve and transform local, organic produce into nourishing foods – presently: unique sauerkrauts, kimchi, seasonal ferments, and kombucha tea. Fermented foods are in every culture and for thousands of years have been
an effective way to preserve the harvest and make foods more digestible while detoxifying and enhancing nutrients. The effect of fermentation transforms foods to make flavors more complex, while adding naturally occurring probiotics to your diet.
HEX Ferments are Maryland-based food alchemists, dedicated to sourcing from local and organic farmers. We believe in creating partnerships with these providers of sustenance to create unique ferments that support our individual health as well as the health of our local foodshed.
HEX Ferments employs a traditional process - we do not use heat or white vinegar - so that our creations are teeming with beneficial bacteria, healthy acids and enzymes. We balance old world quality and flavor with modern interpretations, and choose optimal, nourishing ingredients.
We are a certified B-Corporation®, 100% Wind Powered, and strive to be conscientious in all of our decisions. Our kombucha bottle exchange program has kept tens of thousands of pounds of glass out of the manufacturing, waste, and recycling streams. While making healthy and delicious creations, we do so with sustainable, environmentally sound systems in mind.
HEX Ferments is the winner of three Good Food Awards for Miso Kimchi, Glow Kraut and Sauerkraut. We were named 2018 Best for the Environment by B Corporation and recipient of a Ark of Taste USA by Slow Food International for our artisan Sauerkrauts.
Feed your microbiome, and GO WITH YOUR GUT!
We are seeking hard-working and motivated people who can join us in supporting our mission as local food entrepreneurs. HEX Ferments Brand Ambassadors are an essential part of our growing team. They are the public face of HEX Ferments and often the first to introduce real live-foods to consumers. Our brand ambassadors are genuine local-vores (or striving to be!) who love sharing with others their enthusiasm for fermented foods that are locally produced with mind-fully/ethically sourced ingredients, that are delicious and highly nutritious. If this sounds like you and you want to be part of a growing team, then we want you to apply!
Who you are:
- Lover of fermented foods, lover of HEX Ferments!
- Reliable, grounded adult who enjoys sharing with others
- Life-long learner
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good communication skills; verbal & email
- Passionate about good food and eating good food for health, environment health and community health
- Desire to work with a small, local business that is working hard to better our food system for all.
Specifically you will be required to:
- Conduct tasting demonstrations primarily in markets throughout the DC and Northern Virginia region (some Baltimore locations) such as Whole Foods and MOM’s Organic Market
- Engage in conversations about our goods and prepare to answer questions about the benefits, process, and ingredients of our fermented offerings, as well as what stands us apart from other fermented food companies.
- Work occasional events such as conventions or festivals that include direct sales and interacting with the public and other food vendors
- Attend occasional meetings at HEX Headquarters in Baltimore
- Display goods in a visually appealing way for tastings and events
- Relay any necessary information back to us post tasting (via Google Doc and photographs). This is not limited to:
- Feedback from customers
- Physical appearance of shelf and goods: label/ jar quality, quality of ferments, location, tag placement, etc
- Taking note of store stock
- Highly self-motivated
- Personable and friendly
- Outgoing and positive
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely comfortable engaging in conversation with new people
- MUST have a car
- Weekend availability a must
Compensation this position is paid at a competitive hourly rate inclusive of travel time plus mileage reimbursement. All part-time positions at HEX Ferments are ripe for growth! Show us that you can be an invaluable team player and watch the growth opportunities unfold!
To Apply - Send your Resume and letter of interest (tell us why you want to be a HEX Brand Ambassador, why you like to engage with the public, tell us about one of your biggest accomplishments and an experience that made you grow. We will conduct in-person interviews at our shop located in Baltimore. Preference will be given to people living in the DC area.
Compensation this position is : hourly, under $15/hr Application instructions