- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Bookkeeper Levain Bakery +3 more
- Date Posted May 08, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The bakery was founded in 1994 by friends Connie McDonald and Pam Weekes. At the time, Connie was in banking and Pam in fashion. The two, both competitive swimmers, trained together for the Ironman and—not surprisingly, as their tireless workouts left them feeling starved for great food— they began a passionate dialogue about creating the world’s greatest chocolate chip cookie. Within just a few years, Levain Bakery had become a neighborhood institution and a destination for epicurious travelers from around the world. Job description
Levain Bakery is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized bookkeeper to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in managing the finances of our business, including creating financial transactions and generating relevant reports. You will also collaborate and communicate with employees, vendors, and customers to ensure accuracy of financial transactions.
- Responsible for general bookkeeping duties.
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Assist with tax filings.
- Assist in payroll preparation and posting.
- Perform reconciliations of financial accounts on a monthly basis.
- Input inventory – enter journal entries for month-end close.
- Administration – data entry, clerical and general office as needed. Provide administrative support to management when required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of Associate’s degree. Concentration or major in business administration, accounting, or relevant field a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Experience with Compeat a plus.
- Multi-unit retail experience a plus.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to keep records and files organized.
- Competent collaborator and skilled cross-functional communicator.
- Strong time manager with respect for deadlines.
- Ability to identify errors and solve problems.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential as we are growing fast and a dynamic company!