Operations Manager AGreen Farms
- Date Posted May 08, 2019
- Location Philadelphia, PA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job Type Full-Time
AGreen Farms is seeking an Operations Manager to supervise and drive daily operations at our Philadelphia farm. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in managing production and process operations. We will only consider candidates that have two to five years of operational management experience. Agricultural experience preferred but not necessary.
- Able to work independently and with farm executive team to ensure AGreen Farms is a leader in hydroponic crop production and customer satisfaction
- Manage all facets of the hydroponic farm production and day-to-day operations
- Manage growers and processing staff; able to provide hands on training of new hires
- Maintain detailed growth records of crop activities and observations.
- Provide process details that improve output through strategic planning.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to product packaging, materials, labor, efficiency, transportation, and storage
- Analyzes business needs and staffing patterns to ensure efficient use of resources
- Develop forecasts for expenditures and manage expenses related to the cost of goods and operating expense category.
- Manage implementation of operations efficiencies
- Ensure all OSHA and other industry regulatory requirements are met (as needed)
Skills and Experience
- A proven team player and leader that enjoys working in a fast paced, high-growth entrepreneurial environment
- Motivated to accept additional responsibility as the business grows and expands
- Experience recruiting ,training and managing support staff
- Experience in indoor farm management employing hydroponic techniques a plus but not necessary
- Maintain good working relationship with head grower and sales team.
- Maintain an open line of communication with all employees.
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment in the management of all health and safety related to crop productions including communicating safety goals and holding team members' accountable
- Strong interpersonal skills, managing relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Administer company policies and procedures.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong computer skills
- Able to find solutions and have a problem solving mindset
Education● Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or a related field is preferred. Compensation this position is PAID: salaried, 50k to 100k How to apply Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineJuly 08, 2019