Sales Associate/Wine Buyer Amsterdam Wine Co
- Date Posted May 12, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Amsterdam Wine Co, recently named Wine Spectator's Best Wine Shop on the Upper West Side, is looking for a full-time sales person with the opportunity to move into a wine buying role.
A desirable candidate will be someone with good wine & spirits knowledge and the enthusiasm to convey that to our customers. This position provides an excellent opportunity to advance your exposure and knowledge within the wine world.
The individual will assist the General Manager and owner in the day-to-day operations of a retail wine shop. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting customers with their wine selections – this includes being able to pair wines with food. Other duties include invoice inputting, updating the website, engaging in social media, writing marketing emails and captivating tasting notes. The candidate will also assist in selecting new wines for the store. This position is for someone who wants to help grow the business.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Talent to cultivate relationships with customers by ascertaining and understanding their wine preferences and earning their trust.
* Proficient in writing wine offers in a clear and captivating fashion.
* Have strong knowledge of the wine world so that you can speak comfortably and confidently about all major wine producing regions.
* Willing to continue to taste, learn and participate in tastings both on site and off to further your wine knowledge.
* Constant awareness of industry trends and our changing inventory.
* Well organized with good time management skills.
* Computer literate.
* Ability to lift and carry a wine case.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays and be able to work closing shifts.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline