Finance Director Good Culture +5 more
- Date Posted May 13, 2019
- Location Anywhere
- Category Agriculture / Production
- Job Type Full-Time
The Director of Finance is the key finance leader for the company and is accountable for directing and managing all finance, planning and accounting activities. As a member of the leadership team, this position requires a highly motivated individual with strong professional finance/accounting skills and acumen, interpersonal skills, and the ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders. Candidate must have strong track record of success in building emerging companies, teams and systems, be able to work in a team/mission driven environment, and be passionate about meeting stretch objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly lead all aspects of the finance function, including, but not limited to:
- Financial planning, reporting and analysis, cash collections and disbursements, cost accounting, customer profitability evaluation and accounting for marketing and sales promotional funds.
- Evaluate competing demands for growth-oriented spending and work with the CEO to balance these demands with the need for timely payback, healthy profit and financial stability.
- Establish a framework to support fact-based decision-making and accountability for delivering results.
- Manage relationships with vendors, lenders, investors, auditors/accountants, and other external stakeholders
- Establish a business partnership with the CEO/COO by providing value-added advice in support of Company goals.
- Evaluation and monitoring of internal controls to ensure the integrity of financial reports and the safeguarding of the company’s assets.
- Evaluation and development of systems that support the financial process and operations.
- Monthly financial forecasting, including up-to-date assessments of financial risks and opportunities and explanations of changes in forecast.
- Foster decision-making discipline and alignment of sales, marketing and operations resources with growth opportunities.
- Oversee broker commissions calculations & payments in support of the sales team
- Support and manage key HR (i.e. payroll) and IT functions.
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the day-to-day financial operations of an organization.
- Prior finance experience with BOTH big company and entrepreneurial company (e.g. revenue under $30 million).
- Possess key functional expertise in financial planning, reporting and analysis, cash collections & disbursements, and cost accounting.
- Expertise in Quick Books is required (build custom reports, build queries, add custom fields, etc.)
- Prior experience in direct, distributor and broker sales channels:
- especially in CPG, preferred Dairy category experience
- Prior experience building teams and systems to support aggressive business growth.
- Strong understanding of concepts such as trade promotion accounting, marketing/advertising promotion spending accruals, cost accounting and variances.
- Key leadership characteristics: integrity, leadership/drive for results, collaborative, flexible, strong communicator, player/coach mentality with ability to roll up sleeves.
- Experience with implementing cloud-based ERP systems preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Master’s degree preferred.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline