Cheesemonger Saxelby Cheesemongers
- Date Posted May 13, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business
- Job Type Full-Time
Saxelby Cheesemongers is New York City’s first shop dedicated to 100% American artisan cheese. For over 10 years, Saxelby has been providing the best American cheeses to cheese-loving individuals and chefs in New York and beyond. Saxelby Cheesemongers is a small company with an emphasis on great cheese and great relationships - with our farmers/cheesemakers, with our staff, and with our customers. Our goal is to educate our staff and our customers, creating a fun and zero-pretense environment to enjoy and learn about cheese.
We are looking for a full time Cheesemonger to cut the cheese and provides GREAT customer service in our Chelsea Market retail location in Manhattan.
- You are passionate about the artisan food world. You have insatiable curiosity about food and beverage that keeps you looking out for that next great cheese to try, and then sharing the cheesy love with friends, customers, and basically anyone who will listen!
- You are a good communicator - with customers, with fellow staff, and with management.
- You have previous experience working in a retail environment with specialty food (preferably at least 1 year of experience in cheese)
- You are willing to commit to the position for at least one year, with weekend, evening, and holiday availability
- Cut and wrap cheese and charcuterie for retail customers - cut to order as well as pre-cuts
- Stock the store to make sure that all displays look GREAT all day long
- Make grilled cheese sandwiches and cheese platters
- Customer service - providing every customer with an amazing experience that will have them telling their friends, family, and co-workers how great Saxelby Cheesemongers is!
- Communicate with manager to coordinate orders of product
- Health Insurance
- Employee discount