Assistant General Manager Sweet Grass Dairy Cheese Shop
- Date Posted May 22, 2019
- Location Thomasville, GA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
This deliberate approach gives us the ability to provide the finest customer service in a comfortable environment where quality and thoughtfulness are emphasized.
Bring in a group of friends, kick your date off to a good start, or come in solo to grab a pint of craft beer. No matter who you are or why you're coming, we promise to provide an experience that feels like hanging out with your favorite people, enjoying great food. Job description
This position is responsible for assisting the General Manager with planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the team and resources of the SGD Cheese Shop. Ensuring excellent customer service and efficiently, well-prepared service of food and beverages is key in this role of overseeing both the FOH and BOH staff members and their job duties when the GM is not present. This position is a hands-on supervisory position and the candidate is expected to be on the Cheese Shop floor at least 80% of the time.
- Support smooth operation of the Cheese Shop during Scheduled Hours
- Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, health and Safety
- Direct and guide all service staff, including Front of House and Back of House
- Maintain standards and expectations of operation while GM is not present
- Inventory of order items according to build-tos and special needs
- Enforcing standards of expectation on all staff regarding cleanliness, protocol, service, presence, opening and closing procedures
- Maintaining accurate and accounted for amounts in cash drawers in both bar and retail, corresponding with master safe balance, deposits, tracking petty cash transactions, and store runs
- Troubleshoot conflict incidents and find the best solution, be first point of contact
- Provide back up to all staff as needed during peak business hours – aka – direct and guide hostess on waitlist, answering phone, busing tables, food running to customers, pour waters, set menus, roll silverware, greeting guests and accompanying them to tables, helping kitchen push food out, helping dish get dishes clean and put away – all support needed to keep a successful shift for all staff.
- Maintain a clean and professional presence – hair, face, body, speech
- Inventory and order all retail items as needed
- Maintain clean, organized, “right every time” restaurant in all areas
- Filing, recording, maintaining revised and updated paperwork
- Keep open and consistent communication with GM
- Assist GM with beer and wine inventory, retail inventory, SGD cheese inventory, food inventory and ordering for all
- Direct Retail Key on Cheese Cuts, cheese boards and trays, all catering and kitchen cuts
- Direct Kitchen Keys
- Assist GM with schedules, line-ups, maintenance, ordering, projects, etc.
- Must have strong kitchen knowledge and background, including but not limited to ServSafeCertifications, strict hygiene, standards of operation, working grill, fry, sauté stations, slicer, ovens
- Eye for detail on cleanliness and upkeep
- College education required
Certification or Experience:
- Restaurant experience of at least 4 years.
- Leadership or management experience of at least 2 years
- ServSafe Certified is highly recommended.
- Must have basic computer skills
Experience and Competencies:
- Knowledge of customer service
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation practices and procedures for cheese shop equipment
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and ratios
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Ability to utilize strong problem solving skills and develop new ideas and solutions to problems
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities with a sense of urgency
- Ability to exhibit attention to detail
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required sit, walk, talk and hear
- Use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms
- Be standing on feet majority of the workday in addition to walking back and forth
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Lifting while turning side to side is sometimes necessary
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Position sometimes requires extended hours including evenings and/or weekends
- The work is performed primarily in a restaurant and retail shop environment
- Standing most of the work day is required
- Work requires movement in and out of customer areas, store rooms, and coolers
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work and duties that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Sweet Grass Dairy Cheese Shop reserves the right to add additional duties or modify existing duties. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Sweet Grass Dairy Cheese Shop and employee and is subject to change by SGD as the needs of the SGD and the requirements of the job change.Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 Application instructions